PDA

View Full Version : who all is making it to virgina for the nations on may 1st and 2nd?

shane071489
04-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Ive never been before and it sounds awesome watching a race and getting to meet the pros and stuff so i think me and my girl are gone load up and head to it gone take us about 5hrs anyone else going?

Balaz_73*00
04-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Do yourself a favor and go! Ull love it, great atmosphere, tons of quads, mx, what more could you want? Its heaven on earth! Wish I had a 5 hr drive, this ones about 12 for me.

859davidt
04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
We'll be there. Hope the weather is as good as Ballance was.
#99 in 30+A
#99 in Womens C

Stop by and say Hi. Balaz, sorry I couldn't chat more, had to get on the gate.
Stop by and see us this weekend. It's great meeting people from this site.

shane071489
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM
oh yeah ill def come my gf she loves to ride so were going im excited about meeting the pros i think thats awesome haha im really planning on going...maybe you can give my gf some tips i see you got a woman racing ha

Balaz_73*00
04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Yea its cool Dave, Il make sure to find you this next one

shane071489
04-22-2010, 08:42 PM
balaz you racing if so what ya racing i see you got 2 ltr's thats what i got would love to see one really hooked up ha

Balaz_73*00
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
The ltrs are my dads and brothers, I ride red! I prob wont be racing this one but Ill be there with my buddy who takes nationals a lil more serously than me. We got a long haul so prob just loadin up his truck and not bringing the trailer. Trust me, ull see pleanty of hooked up quads there

shane071489
04-23-2010, 01:31 PM
yall got me all excited haha im getting impatient what time does it start and stuff? do i just buy tickets at the gate? imma leave out saturday morning and just stay saturday night is it worth staying for the autograph signing on sunday?

GE4x4
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
You might want to check your spelling. I'm sure the race is in Virginia. But I'm sure many want to see a virgina.:D

quad2xtreme
04-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by shane071489
yall got me all excited haha im getting impatient what time does it start and stuff? do i just buy tickets at the gate? imma leave out saturday morning and just stay saturday night is it worth staying for the autograph signing on sunday?

Both pro motos are on Sunday. It isn't the autograph session that yuo should be looking forward to most. :p

Derrick Adams
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I'll be there racing the Dinosaur again in 30+C. The only 250R at the Nationals, so it's easy to spot me. :D

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/Derrick_Adams/012.jpg

shane071489
04-23-2010, 07:20 PM
def loking forward to metting all of yall yeah im sorry i was thinking bout a trip to virgina town last night haha sounds better than virginia haha i always call virginia (vir-gina) anyway haha so whats going on saturday? is it worth going for im trying to spend the least amount of money as possible haha im starting school in a few months and havent found a job yet so this is gonna put a little dent in my pocket but definately worth it

quad2xtreme
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
I'll be there racing the Dinosaur again in 30+C. The only 250R at the Nationals, so it's easy to spot me. :D

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/Derrick_Adams/012.jpg

You'll likely have company this year. There is a local guy on a 250r that runs in the 40+ class.

shane071489
04-23-2010, 07:36 PM
hey quad2extreme i seen you ride at carolina adventure world im not knocking the place but what do you find there to ride? i rode their once and the track was crap they had one step up i tried over and over and the lip was worn down so much you couldnt make it across and the trails when i read it was a hard trail i figured some hills and stuff no it had 2 ft rutts on both sides i had to ride one tire in the middle one tire on the outside let me know if i missed something always like to ride new places

quad2xtreme
04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
hey quad2extreme i seen you ride at carolina adventure world im not knocking the place but what do you find there to ride? i rode their once and the track was crap they had one step up i tried over and over and the lip was worn down so much you couldnt make it across and the trails when i read it was a hard trail i figured some hills and stuff no it had 2 ft rutts on both sides i had to ride one tire in the middle one tire on the outside let me know if i missed something always like to ride new places

CAW has the worst mx track I've ever seen anywhere. Absolutely hate it and won't even take my mx quad there when I go...and I have a 24' trailer so space isn't an issue.

I really like CAW (not as nice as Hatfield or Black Mountain but they don't have nearly the land nor any real destinations to shoot for like another town for gas and food) but you have to ride there at the right time. You need 22" tires when the ground is really wet or thawing out. Razr2 tires work great. I ride every trail but Trail 12 I think. It is always to messed up from the utility riders that don't know how to ride (put your damn slow *** quad into 4X4 mode instead of digging out the trails trying to climb like a 2 wheel drive).

shane071489
04-23-2010, 11:03 PM
oh ok ha just making sure i didnt miss something haha yeah it def. sucks we need to get up and ride im always looking for new people to ride with...you gonna be at the nationals if so let me know

mx3mom
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM
You might as well plan on staying for Sunday too. When you pay at the gate to get in on Saturday, that will cover the whole weekend. Saturday consists of amatuer qualifying and the Pro-Am Unlimited & Womens races. Sunday usually hosts a full gate at every drop of the riders who were lucky enough to make the top 20 and the Pro-Am Production & Pro races. You won't be disappointed.

quad2xtreme
04-24-2010, 11:01 PM
oh ok ha just making sure i didnt miss something haha yeah it def. sucks we need to get up and ride im always looking for new people to ride with...you gonna be at the nationals if so let me know
I am planning to be there both days but live close enough to drive home Saturday and go back Sunday.

shane071489
04-25-2010, 03:19 PM
chances are im gonna be rooming at the hampton haha i alreayd know thats where she wants to go...do i need to bring chairs or is there stands or what ive never been to a race let a lone a nationals ive been deprived for a long long time ha

quad2xtreme
04-25-2010, 06:47 PM
there are bleachers at a couple sections of track. You should bring chairs if you have them and keep in your car in case you want them. I pretty much stand the whole day and watch from the fence. Dragging chairs around is a pain.

shane071489
04-27-2010, 03:29 AM
thanks a lot man saturday cant get here soon enough do ya know what time it starts? if not im sure i can find it when i get the address and stuff

quad2xtreme
04-27-2010, 04:49 AM
if you have a GPS, I have the coordinates to the front gate.