PDA

View Full Version : kfx power

ragemachine
04-22-2010, 02:44 PM
i do not care about dry lake bed drag racing with my friends 450, but i have herd the kfx does lack power compared to the other 450's. is it just talk, is it that bad, if so how hard is it to fix? looking to buy and i like the kfx compared to the ltr. efi-reverse-bigger tires-renthal bars-frame-price all stock. i would have to change to much on the stock ltr, but it is fast and handles great.
i have done research just want some more opinions, thanks for any help.

shane071489
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
im not knocking a kfx at all and i understand your prob would be changing the ltr to ride in the woods i have a ltr ive been on a dirt drag with a kfx with work all i have done is a cherry bomb and ive beat it bad like i said not talking crap but for something in the woods if the ltr isnt for you try going with a yfz they have lots of power my ltr with cherry bomb gets them too but they have more power than the kfx i hope this can help ya some and by the way i ride my ltr in the woods a lot 99% of the trails ive ridden at big complexes and stuff are much wider than 50"

ragemachine
04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
i live in ca.. so my riding is open desert, sand woops, fire trails. i also race the district 37 big 6 races, open desert grand prix. if i buy the kfx i want to be able to compete.

yfzrider45
04-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Once your on a kfx450 you'll most liekly stick w. it til it blows lol...i love myne. its MX setup

shane071489
04-23-2010, 07:29 PM
its hard to say ive never rode what you ride i just do trails and tracks but i love my ltr i was gonna buy the kfx instead but i had a suzuki before and it was race ready width and stuff and i bought it new for 4900 haha

MN Quad RacR
04-25-2010, 12:01 PM
I have both and my ltr took a lot less to make it really fast I'd stick with the ltr if u want alot quicker of a machine with the same mods. But I have a mx kfx and mx ltr and like my kfx alittle more but it's just personal preference

ish416
04-26-2010, 10:58 AM
I have an 08 KFX450 and it is all stock. I have drag raced all other 450's with various mods from stock to well modded and beat every single one of them.

Now, I believe that has more to do with rider than the atv. The point of that comment is that the KFX will hang with all other 450's.

I feel that it it is not as fast as a YFZ or KTM but it will walk a Honda, Suzuki and Polaris in a drag race. Top speed, the KFX is one of the slowest.

For top speed, you will want to change the gearing on the KFX. It runs low 70's on dirt. Mine was 73 MPH through a field and about 78MPH on pavement.

That is from my riding experience on all the said quads.

As far as adding more power, I believe the KFX is the easiest to get power out of.

These things are wicked fast with full exhaust, a new intake and an efi box (power commander or something similar).

So to sum things up, stock for stock, it is in the upper middle of the 450 class and basic mods, it is one of the fastest.

Jigsaw
04-26-2010, 03:52 PM
in the woods, KFX is king