PDA

View Full Version : my first nat

blaster12s
04-22-2010, 05:45 AM
im going to pleasure vally on the july 4th weekend. first time at nationals. i race d6 lots of wide open and tech tracks and i also race supercross. what should i expect at nationals. Jumps corners? what changes to my setup should i make. nd what extra parts should i pack for the weekend

mxpimp2000
04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
coming from a person that just raced their first national last weekend at ballance. well it was nothing like i expected. the track will get rough as a cobb and you better be in the best endurance shape possible. iam a local B and A rider so i figured i race open B well i wished id signed up in open C. the riders are soo fast and have the tracks dialed in so well that your lucky to make it to the main on sunday. i was so tired and sore sunday that i could stand up after 2 laps. i was puttin in low 1:50's lap times and the top 5 was throwin down low 1:40's and 1:39's

it was a fun experience and id like to do it again but money and transportation is a issue so ill be tryin to attend lorettas and thats about it for 2010

be sure to bring tools,spare tires/wheels,gas,pressure washer, anything can happen so be prepared for the worst. if u have any spare clutch cables etc pack them as well. bring anything as if you werent gonna be home for a month lol the well prepared succeed.