PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: John Arens

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 11:06 AM
i am very intrested in getting a crf450 frame from you, and had a few questions. do you have long travel a-arms to go with it, and a swing arm? how much are these frames selling for? and do you set up the engine and intake or do i do that? thanks for help i am looking to run this setup this season and run the late nationals.

Thanks in advance

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Where you at MR. John Arens

DGR Designs
01-31-2003, 08:07 AM
PM Jnine. thats the man himself

1badcrf
01-31-2003, 09:48 AM
I did i also emailed him and no reply i seen him on th forum last night also and he didnt reply:confused: :confused: There is like 6 post and new threads:( i pmed here 2 times and once at cannondale riders........guess ill have to wait

smith
01-31-2003, 10:34 AM
Patience 1badcrf!!!!!! He was out of town most of the week, I'm sure he's probably trying to play catch-up with phone calls, emails and pm's along with running his daily business. He's a great guy to deal with, he just doesn't live on the computer like we do! :-)
(if he did live on the computer, he wouldn't be getting anything built then either!)

1badcrf
01-31-2003, 10:45 AM
im just living on here waiting for a reply;) its ok i will be able to wait

Teufel
01-31-2003, 01:05 PM
Don't hold your breath, I have been trying to buy a frame from him for two years and haven't seen it yet. Everytime I get through on the phone...It's " ah let me see oh yeah here we are going to run them in a few weeks I will call you and confirm the color"

Just my experience :o

tants
01-31-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 1badcrf
im just living on here waiting for a reply;) its ok i will be able to wait

hes a bussy man

Jnine
01-31-2003, 11:04 PM
Hello Guys:

I'm back from the Texas meetings. Also, I did send reponses to all your pms, so if you have any other questions, jut let me know.

Talk to you later.

Jnine
01-31-2003, 11:12 PM
Sorry about the spelling.... It's late...

Pappy
02-01-2003, 07:41 AM
hey john...get ben to set you up your own thread section. thats one of the best ideas ive seen here:) save ya a ton of time.

btw...happy belated birthday:)

Dave400ex
02-01-2003, 09:24 AM
Yeah that would be a lot easier for John if he had his own section like C&D.

Jnine
02-01-2003, 11:03 AM
I didn't know C & D had their own section. I just answer a few questions in this section now and then. Someday i should check out he rest of the site! BTW, since you guys asked about my web site, it should be going live in about a week, but I'll give you a quick preview. Rmemeber, it's not completly finished yet, and we'll be adding parts as I get the photos done.

Let me know what you think.

www.arensbros.com/arens/

I have an agreement with Ben to be the other site sponsor as well.

Talk to you later.

Pappy
02-01-2003, 11:09 AM
looks good john.....any idea when I could get a set of them nerfs:o ;)

cjpoole1
02-01-2003, 04:40 PM
will you be making a frame for the z400 anytime soon?

Dave400ex
02-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Awesome site, good job. Can't wait for it to be done. What will you be doing as the Sponsor, like % off or whatever?

Jnine
02-01-2003, 11:02 PM
I was thinking of offering an EXRiders discount of sorts, and Ben and I discussed some of the possibilities yesterday.

As for a frame for the Z400, better let me get the EX stuff done first!

trx400ex
02-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Yeah, id like to know what kind of % discounts and stuff too. I just built a new bike, but i would like a CRF too so maybe ill go that way sometime.

Oh yeah i checked out your site, i dont like how you have to scroll down that little box, but other than that its cool.

02-03-2003, 04:35 PM
haha i remember when i met you mr arens. it was at morlands(sp) motocross track in michigan. u came up to me and told me about the kee/killswich relocater. that was so cool. i was like holy $h!t

Jnine
02-03-2003, 10:40 PM
A Morelands MX Park Rider on EXRiders!!!! There is a guy who truly knows the joy of cleaning off the track in the first moto. Actually I'm happy that we are always first there, but as you know, sometimes we can get a little muddy in the first moto. Usually the second one is great though.

BTW.... Why "Holy S#*t" about the key/kill switch part we make? Did you get a shock?? (LOL)

1badcrf
02-04-2003, 11:05 AM
sorry but one last question you said the frame is based after 400ex... do you use 400ex plastic and seat or 250r.... hope its R but i doubt it ;)

Ryan
02-04-2003, 11:18 AM
That site is looking awesome John. I thought you guys only made frames :o . If you have a discount going over there then you got a new customer in the near future :D .

I also think that John should get his own thread section..... It will keeps things a bit more organized :uhoh: .

02-04-2003, 04:31 PM
no no no not about the kill/key thing...... about meeting John Arnes!:eek:

02-04-2003, 04:37 PM
And about morlands, yea at first i thought it was kinds crummy alwase having to clean off the track for the "dirtbikers" but I learned to cope with it. It isnt that bad, it is actually ok really.

BTW morlands was the first track i ever raced mx on. portland was my first hairscramble. i think morlandsis one of the best around (aside from red bud and log road). Do you know of anyone that has cleared that 100 some ood footer on a quad. i know dirtbikes do it all the time but i have never seen a quad clear it. i think it is like 127 or 117 ft. cant remember...

Jnine
02-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Hello again:

I have seen guys clear the 110' jump at Morelands, and every guy that did it was a pro on the GNC circuit. They were Harold "Bumblebee" Goodman, Kory Ellis, Mike Maniaci, and David Gloden. Gloden was the first to try it, and on the first attempt it looked like a hand grenade went off under his quad when he landed, although he never crashed. It didn't do his wheels any favors though. After that he made it OK. I still like that track actually. See you there in a couple months!

Jnine
02-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Back to the new frame questions.... There won't be any "R" parts on it. It's straight EX stuff because of the much better price.

d-14 rider 27
02-04-2003, 08:58 PM
john, im not a pro, i did it the last race, last lap, second moto of the year for the track, i did all but about 10 feet of it, now talk about a rush, my dad missed it, and no pics, but my buddy was there and he seen me do it its not that hard really, i seen crfs doing it and i though, hmm i have a crf :D

02-04-2003, 09:11 PM
d14 rider. man that must have been nuts. i bet a moded powervalved 310r could probably do it with the right rider and the right suspention. O yea and mr arnes, you know that jump towards the end of the track that shoots you straight up in the air and u land on a steep down hill? you probably didn't catch it but I went all out on that thing and went right over the handel bars last year. What advice do u have on hitting it and landing cleanly? I was thinking in mid air hit the brakes to bring the nose down and kinda lean back to get correct position.I do know that this season I am hitting that thing clean and landing it. I see people do it. It cant be that hard. :ermm:

Jnine
02-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Whatever you do, always make sure you can walk off. That jump is too far to miss.

Jnine
02-04-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure which jump you are talking about, but a good bet would be to watch the A-riders and see how they do it.

02-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Yes I have, they just kind of glide right over the thing. I think I am just gonna go up to one of them and ask them how I should do it. Probably the guy in the c dale moto,,,he leads all the races and seems to be realy nice. That is another good thing about the program we have in Michigam everyone is really nice and is willing to help you out if you ever need it.

I am sure it is liek that in every state tho. what a cool sport

Dave400ex
02-05-2003, 02:00 PM
John will you be at Red Bud? Hopefully somebody has some of your products on display...

Mxbubs
02-05-2003, 02:13 PM
1250$ for 400ex, sign me up....

Thats an excellent deal...