PDA

View Full Version : Any Vets on the forums?

hjsmith00843
04-21-2010, 07:38 PM
2 tours during operation Iraqi Freedom. Was hurt in combat April 11, 2003. I served 7 years till I had to get out because of my injury. I am just now getting compensation because of it.

Any other vets out there and have problems with the VA?

Also Thank you for your service.

250x_kyle
04-21-2010, 08:41 PM
THANKS!!!!!! ;)

my buddys home on leave right now from afcrapistan.

CJM
04-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Im not a vet, but I really appreciate your service!

honda300EXtreme
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
im not a vet but i would like to say thanks to any one who serves or has served our country!

hskers82
04-21-2010, 10:08 PM
5 years in the Navy Seabees

smr
04-22-2010, 07:08 AM
thanks for your service and you earned that purple heart, display it proudly....:macho

What unit did you serve with.

I a tour in Iraq with the 101st during the first gulf war.

ronnoc47
04-22-2010, 08:32 AM
A BIG thanks to you and all of our country's service men and women!

Stiles86
04-22-2010, 09:12 AM
the va is a pain in my *****... the 10% wasnt worth the time i had to put into it i watch a buddy go 2 years with out a surgury that he needed beacause the va jerked him around.. they gotta make everyhting so hard good luck with what ever you got going on bro

Smoker
04-22-2010, 10:49 AM
The VA is a government agency, so nothing is going to work right. I spent 6 years in the Marine Corps. You don't know how good you have it here until you see what the rest of world is dealing with.

CJM
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
My friend was in the corps and got jerked round and round by the VA and the corps. He got his 40%, but it took letters to his congressman, attorney, jag officers, etc and over 2 years. But he got his for what happened to him.

skillet
04-22-2010, 12:27 PM
7 years in the Navy Seabees

OutlawBill
04-22-2010, 12:45 PM
only took me about a two months to get my benefits when I retired. But then there work load was a lot less and we were not at war.

Mity Mo
04-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Part of Original Desert Storm and operation Fiery Vigil. Navy gunner. VA is government funded but needs community support. Anytime you see the men and women handing out poppys in your town please give a buck or two. This is what is used to help your Vets. Also all you Vets join your local VFW or American Legion we get our voices heard when we are in large groups. And this is the best way to do it. Plus its great to sit and have a drink with other Vets around town.

Mo

hskers82
04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Skillet- what battalion were you in

skillet
04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
nmcb 5 and I was in cbu 417 up in oak harbor wa. was also out in virginia at Hm-14

250R-Dee
04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
You have to stay on the VA's butt about your claim. It took me about a year to get everything processed and then they shorted me on one of the items. Sometime this summer I will be getting examined again. I hope you have a copy of your med records!! 30% is the magical mark they try to keep you below. PM me if you want to know why.

hjsmith00843
04-23-2010, 07:31 AM
I am already at 50% but I am supposed to be IU. Not able to work. When I was hurt it really messed me up bad physically but mostly mentally.

I have 3 claims pending for rating now so hopefully it will work out. Can not make a living on what they pay me at the miment.

atleast I can spend alot of time with my babyboy and watch him grow up. I never seen my daughters until they were both over a year old. Something always happened to where i was not home.

Thanks again for all of those that served before me. We Owe You all a world of thanks.

So many just does not know what it takes for them to enjoy the things that we take advantage of. lots of lives were lost just for us to be able to surf these boards without being watched. (well by the goverment not the moderators lol)

tbrackman84
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm not a vet, but my best friends dad was hurt in iraq and was unable to work. he ended up trying to work anyway and got fired becasue he was unable to perform. It took him way longer than it should have until he got compensation through the VA. He is a marine of 24 years. Thanks for posting up about Veterans, I respect you guys so much!!!

scottproquad
04-24-2010, 09:31 AM
My dads been fighting the va for yrs when he broke his back in the air force! Totaly messed up his life with countless surgerys and paper work,nothing is ever fixed just gets worse by the day. Now hes super drug dependent and cant get any help from the va. So good luck with them

I did 4ys US Army was in the first Gulf War.

I think its sad the way the govrnment treats out vets after they transfer back to civilin life, hurt or not.
Just plan sad!!!!

TRXNICK
04-27-2010, 04:52 PM
I was in Desert Sheild/Storm , then went to Somolia, and finally Kosovo for a few months before I got out. I thought I was going in during a quiet time in the world. HAHA! Boy was I ever wrong. I'm just glad I got home safe and sound. Some people were not as fortunate. May god be with them. I would like to thank all of you guys past, presant, and future for what we did and do.

fastredrider44
04-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Thank you for your service!

My old man served in the Marines way back when. I'm pretty sure the mention of VA will get him fired up, so I hope you get better treatment than him.:ermm: