PDA

View Full Version : ARENS CRF450 frame

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 10:56 AM
For anyone that can help me. I am looking to run a crf450 this season and everyones frames are on backorder(ex. walsh 12 months).I want to run the arens frame if it will be ready soon, i am very intrested, give me as much info as you can, i seen a post a while back on it. I want to run longtravel a-arms with pep zps? and how will the airbox be set up? Please help me on this guys im a new member, was going to deck out a dale for $14000 but they went under..... Thanks soon to be 1badcrf

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Anyone have any info on the frame?????????

Bart
01-29-2003, 01:18 PM
John Arens is reportedly out of town.

Your best bet is to e-mail him directly (member name: jnine) or try to call him (I do not have his phone number). He usually responds to e-mail within a few days.

DGR Designs
01-29-2003, 01:20 PM
PM Jnine. he IS the owner of arens. Jon Arens himself!

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 01:21 PM
emailed him yesterday i just wanted to run his frame this season... wait on a frame is long... talked to nate walsh he said 12 months

01-29-2003, 01:24 PM
I don't know squat about the frames,,but if I was you I'd modify a stock frame for now..you might be to old to race by the time he finishes them...:huh Not sayin he's draggin his butt and doesn't do a good job..but that's a custom built frame..and if you haven't placed an order with him..you my friend will have alot of sittin around to do waitin on it..:(

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 01:27 PM
so your saying i most likely will not be able to run his frame this 03 season... i wanted to have it done by april????

01-29-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 1badcrf
so your saying i most likely will not be able to run his frame this 03 season... i wanted to have it done by april????

Well I can't speak for John,,but I'd have to say..you got better chances of racing a flyin pig in 03 than a Arens CRF 450 frame..but hey,,I could be wrong...:eek:

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 01:58 PM
We will have to see about that :D the only other person that i would be able to get a frame from is houser....No one knows a price on the arens frame

jlhughes750
01-29-2003, 01:59 PM
try www.herrmannracing.com they have a complete chassis in stock. I saw it Saturday and its not been claimed yet.

ask 4 Brad he will be gone for a week after tommorow so call asap. tell him who sent u.

JLHughes750

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 02:03 PM
never herd of these guys before are there frames any good i will call them now... how they hold up???

Bart
01-29-2003, 02:06 PM
It is my understanding that Arens manufacturing is highly automated. He generally sets his equipment up and builds a large (50?100? whatever he thinks he can sell?) number of frames at once. At least that is what he has done in the past for his 250R frames.

I wouldn't give up on Arens yet. I am anxiously awaiting for a 250R frame myself.

smith
01-29-2003, 02:07 PM
John says that his crf frame will be done for this season, maybe not the beginning in March/April, but before the summer. The only delay he says right now is because he plans to build 100 of them!! (at one time!!!) Last I heard, it should be under $2000, and that includes a radiator!!! (and the airboot pieces) Good luck, he should be back in the shop on Thursday or Friday I've heard.

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 02:27 PM
i justed called houser they said one month but i think Arens is a better frame builder. then all i need is an engine and thats it dose it come with airbox or do i buy a 250r box??? maybe if you guys can list everypart i would need??? i hope this frame is ready soon

Dave400ex
01-29-2003, 02:33 PM
I believe the Frames are about done. It shouldn't be to long. Here is a CAD picture I got of one, but the final product will be a bit different.

Extremeracer167
01-29-2003, 02:49 PM
that looks to be a duplicate of a stock frame. even the gussets look the same

jlhughes750
01-29-2003, 02:50 PM
The MX bike last year held up nice. no cracks or damage.
A local racer that races Pro in the GNC's used it pretty hard and could not damage it. We are now putting the finishing touches on our Hermann chassis R for the GNCC series. We rode it this week and so far its awsome.

check it out, its worth a shot, hey, he's a new guy but so was everyone else at one time. Don't be afraid,i've had all the others Herrmann racing builds a nice 450/426 chassis.

400exBro
01-29-2003, 03:15 PM
i don t know about hermman... i have heard a lot of bad things from ppl that run their stuff..

now i personel have never had any hermman stuff on my ex so i can t tell if they are actually bad...

i would also like to know when the frame will be done???

will it come with lt a arms, swing arm and a sub frame???

BTW- John i sent you a pm if you read this

trx400ex
01-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Herrmann make awesome stuff, i have several Herrmann products on my quad. Its funny how you always hear bad stuff about companies isnt it?

Guy400
01-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Last time I talked to John he said he was going to San Antonio for 3 days to ride a Predator and a new utility quad from Polaris. I'm sure he'll respond when he gets back.

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 09:22 PM
hope so cant wait to start this Project:D

Nausty
01-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
that looks to be a duplicate of a stock frame. even the gussets look the same

The frame is built to hold the 400ex motor or the crf motor. I think thats the frame i'll get when mine goes but that might be a few years.

1badcrf
01-29-2003, 09:41 PM
two differnt frames correct.... 1 for ex ------- 1 for a crf motor

forum
01-29-2003, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't run a hermman frame if it was free.! sorry. my opinion. (and some well respected opinions also). if your looking at getting the machine done for this season i would start moding the stock frame and at the same time talk to houser, and arens to see how long its gonna take. Stay away from herman frames and same with lonestar. Lonestar are actualy pretty good. But arens is cheaper and better product. leagers is also real good but the wait on a frame like that would be long and $$$. I would say go houser or arens. but the houser uses 250r stuff

Nausty
01-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 1badcrf
two differnt frames correct.... 1 for ex ------- 1 for a crf motor

nope, same frame, fits both motors. Straight from the pres. of Arens.

Originally posted by Jnine
I know some of you have speculated on what this frame will fit, and I promise you it WILL FIT both the EX & the CRF motor.

jlhughes750
01-30-2003, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't run a hermman frame if it was free.! sorry. my opinion. (and some well respected opinions also).

someone posted that above..........

hey what are u talking about, we might respect your opinion if u would explain what u meant by that. If u can not give us an informed opinion with any validity then put a sock in it. i know your intitled to your opinion but unless you have a reason for feeling this way then stop degrading others and taking busines from them please, thank you.

since i own and race Herrmann products i can say that sure, they have a few querks there working out(with the chassis) but the are up and coming and i'm willing to give them a chance.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JLHughes 750

Dave400ex
01-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Yeah what problems have you seen/heard with the Herrmann Frames? I have never heard anything bad about Herrmann, but I still think Arens and Houser makes better frames. You could also get an LRD Frame....

jlhughes750
01-30-2003, 09:21 AM
now all the sudden nobody wants to post on this subject.

these forums are great but unless someone has a valid true problem i think its wrong to give any negative info about anyone.

if i said hey, durablue sucks i would not use one of there axles if it was free!!!!! thats wrong!!!
but if i said hey, i would not use that axle even if it was free, BECAUSE i broke one during a raace and got hurt. Then maybe its ok. just my opinion, for what its worth!!!!!!!!!

later, JLHughes

Extremeracer167
01-30-2003, 09:50 AM
Forum,
yeah really, how many ppl do u know that actually have a Herrmmann Chassis. So if you have never rode on one, how do u know its garbage? I bet if Brad Herrmmann did walk up to u and offered u a frame for free, i bet any money you would act like a little kid at christmas. Personally i have only eer had a herrmann carrier, and it is a nice piece. Brad is a really great gut to work with though, and im sure that a GARBAGE post like that wouldnt be appreciated. I think you have tunnel vision. Sure im not saying Arens doesnt make a great chassis, but it seems if someone comes out with a new product its GARBAGE, EXCEPT for arens. :rolleyes: But hey.......just my opinion:D

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 10:16 AM
is the arens frame 250r geometry?? dose it use 250r a-arms and swing arm?or is it 400ex geometry?? how dose it hold both motors, differnt mounts?? i want a 250r based quad?? no one uses houser so dont know how there products are??? let me know what you guys think??i wanted all walsh as my first choice. but there frames are 12 month wait....So what i want to do is buy either houser or arens frameand put walsh a-arms swing arm and maybe stem depending on frame. And tell walsh to keep my name on the waiting list for the frame.... Next season switch into a walsh frame, switch all the walsh products over and sell the frame i used this year you understand

03 season =arens or houser frame+walsh LT a-arms+walsh swing arm+walsh stem+r.p.m hipers.fullbore etc.

04 season =Walsh frame ready + walsh a-arms + walsh swing arm +others

04= sell all the houser or srens products that i used so someone else can run that frame.... what do you guys think

forum
01-30-2003, 11:35 AM
sorry . im not like some guys and check the site every day so don't get all girly on me. I have witnessed first hand hermman's frame breaking on the first time out!. some of the main points of geometry are teribly out! and when i look at the way his frame is made i just don't like the looks of it. Sorry. Yes it was my opinion and i even stated that. THerefor it shouldn't have hurt his business but now that you've bled me out maybe this will. ANd no I am not going to say what respectable people/company said there frame are garbage because I would not want them to get some flack because of something i said. I never said anything about the rest of there products. Many respected people on this site love there hermman a arms (mity mo, mxbubs ect.) therefor i would have to say there a arms are of good quilty even tho i've seen booth upper king pins blow out. But since then thev'e been working good. It just would piss me right off if I bought a new expensive frame and it broke. I no that nothing is unbreakable but were are talking first or maybe second time out

Edit: i just read the pm you sent me jlhouges, I am not as quilified as you by the sounds of things to make judgements on a certain frame, but I did and i would again. I personaly would not buy a herrman frame, again thats my opinion just becasue of things Ive witnessed. sorry, if i offended you. or anyone else. But I am entitled to my opinion. And for you to say that roll or leager isn't as good a herman..... well again im not going to say anything becasue you seem to have more first hand knowledge then me

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 12:16 PM
Ok :rolleyes: now what do you guys think i should do about this frame??????????

forum
01-30-2003, 12:19 PM
stert calling frame builders and ask how long its gonna take. FOr stuff like this you just gotta start calling everybody

Dave400ex
01-30-2003, 01:53 PM
I would go with your idea of getting an Arens or Houser Frame, then once you get the Walsh selling it....

mrusk
01-30-2003, 03:03 PM
Personal i'd buy a herrmann. Too me, customer service is the most important thing, and Brad has awesome service.

If you don't one one of them, go buy a houser if you need one soon and not being of spring.

matt

forum
01-30-2003, 03:48 PM
yea walsh and leagers have a long wait

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 07:00 PM
its gonna be either houser or arens???? im leaning towards arens .. I am going to put walsh everything else on it.... and once the walsh frame that i ordered is ready i will switch on over to it??? So i guess we are waiting on JOHN ARENS to reply

AL81
01-30-2003, 07:50 PM
are you going to run the no link or cr 500 link

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 08:00 PM
???? i dont know what i want to do?? what are advantages of each??

AL81
01-30-2003, 08:04 PM
I dont think arens or houser make a 500 link frame but I may be wrong

LapTraffic
01-30-2003, 08:34 PM
I dont mean to sound stupid, but what exactly is a CR 500 link and what does it do for you?

forum
01-30-2003, 09:18 PM
cr500 linkage is just a different setup in the rear end. they say it adds suspension travel. I personaly don't no much about it
and i think your right. arens and houser don't make cr500 link rear end, but im pretty sure walsh does. 1bad, you got too much money! haha. I may be interested in that frame when you decide to sell

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 09:23 PM
wait so i can use a walsh swing arm on arens frame correct???

AL81
01-30-2003, 09:27 PM
If you want one so fast why dont you buy a complete bike from some one I now were a couple of crf 450 are for sell

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 09:32 PM
how much and let me see the info??Please???

AL81
01-30-2003, 09:37 PM
go to quadcustoms.com and got to classifieds and go to for sell and there is two houser crf 450s for sell

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 09:38 PM
it seems alot of others are selling houser crf450s:huh is that good or bad

AL81
01-30-2003, 09:52 PM
are you racing the nationals,in which class

1badcrf
01-30-2003, 10:00 PM
4 stroke B or A.... i highly doubt i will be able to run this season in full but i dont know?? i want to try to attend them all

Mxbubs
01-30-2003, 11:39 PM
This link might help

http://exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2727

Herrmann>Great guy, great professional, up and coming

Arens>great price, great guy

Houser>Dont think so, cuts corners

Roll Design>Playing powerball?

Lonestar>Know a good welder?

Leagers, Walsh>get a loan, and dont expect them before Christmas

Gibson>Piece-O-Crap, shoddy craftsminship, 2 words---HEADSTAY

forum
01-31-2003, 05:48 AM
i tend to disagree with bubs. Go houser. Hermans frames are....ask someone that builds good frames like leager or wlash what they think about herrmann. houser makes pretty good stuff. its not the best but there frames are definatley better then hermmans frame, remmeber people im not talking about there other stuff just there frames. by the sounds of things you have a little bit of money. and when you do you should go 250r based. and the houser and wlash systems are 250r based where as the arens is 400ex based so the parts wont fit once you decide to go walsh. hey if you want go buy hermman cause then you can prove my point unless this is the first machine you've ever had.

edit: opps i forgot to mention its all my opinion. So the final decision is yours and not mine. I havent personaly owned hermman so My opinion could mean nothing to you, just thought i'd let you know.

jlhughes750
01-31-2003, 07:52 AM
Well put Forum, but of course i have some input on the matter as well. You mentioned to ask other builders what they think. Let me say that all chassis and component builders products get damaged and break. ALL of them. I have damaged myself and found damage on customers quads from Leagers(swingarm pivot fatigued and broke) ROLL (center section of the frame on the bottom split) LSR (footpeg mount bent and cracked) Arens (cracked engine mounts) Houser (twisted subframe). Some chassis have more common problems then others but thats not my point in this. It takes a while to produce a quality product due to rnd and testing. Herrmann is definently worth a shot for the price, and as far as customer service, as others have posted he's rather easy to deal with. My main point here is that they have one IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Its worth a shot!!!!

Later J.

400exBro
01-31-2003, 09:20 AM
put this into the FAQ forum.......

i think i will stick to arens, i have seen some nice r up here with arens frames and they seem to be happy....
plus you now that the welds will be nice becuase they use robots (can't remeber what kind now) so i am sure they won't make mistakes.... plus they are cheapier (price wise) to buy..

R-Crazy
01-31-2003, 09:26 AM
what about Fischer???? i have heard decent things about them.

dave

1badcrf
01-31-2003, 09:55 AM
if the frame that holds the crf engine is 400ex based i dont think i will get it??? i want it to perform with the best of them. A 250r styled frame i would say is the way to go, being i want all walsh stuff on the frame anyway.....the 400ex was based after the 250r but i would rather have the best of the best... would it be possible for aren to make me a 250r geometry based frame that holds the crf??????????? ohh yea i wonder when he will post also :huh

Dave400ex
01-31-2003, 02:12 PM
The Arens chassis is made to accept all 400ex stuff so you will not want to go with. Why don't you call LRD and see what they say? They have CRF Frames listed, and heck in my opinion if you got LRD there would be no need to buy the Walsh frame... If not your choices are down to Houser or Herrmann....

Mxbubs
01-31-2003, 02:30 PM
Hey Forum, I totally agree with you.....

I dont believe Brad Herrmann has worked out all the kinks in his chassis yet either, however, unlike many others out there, he is looking to fix problems, and is willing to work with the customer if any problems arise....I have spoken to Brad alot on the phone, I am under the impression he wants to build the absolute best chassis, but realizes he cant do it over night without research and feedback, and wants to do it much cheaper than the top name competitors....

I have spoken to John Houser a great deal on the phone--extremely nice guy-- however, I believe he cuts a few corners here and there to save on production cost.

John Arens is right on the money, mass production=lower cost per unit. I know John will back you up if you have any trouble, however his frame is not yet ready, so I would get the Herrmann if I could not wait.

If John can sell me his frame for under 1500$ I will be the first to pony up and get one....I can make my yz motor go into that ex frame just like I did with my stock frame.....

Disclaimer: The above is not based on factual events, rather all lies, and is strictly my opinion....:D :D :D

Jnine
01-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Hello Guys!

Back from Texas!!

Anyway, I see there are more than one or two questions about frames, and I have answered all emails & pms sent to me. Let me try and catch up with all the questions on the frames:

The EX Frame we are working on is built to accept all the standard EX parts. The CRF Frame is built for the EX parts also. The big reason is cost.. EX parts are MUCH cheaper than 250R. As for putting an EX or CRF motor into a 250R based frame, I would not recommend it. The four stroke motors are so d**n tall they barely fit. They also have a huge carb which gets in the way of the rear shock cross bracing, and they also require a special swingarm. By using the EX based chassis you can avoid all those problems and do it more inexpensively. I know a couple guys have managed to get it done the other way, and more power to them, but we're taking the EX based route.

As for a release date, we are planning for April. We do also make a swingarm, and we have a new A-arm design in both standard & long travel coming as well.. We haven't set the price for the CRF frame yet however because we are still working on the radiator and the air intake tract, which will come with the frame. On the conversion frames that run the CRF motor I am not sure how close they are to the radiator, but Andrew was concerned with this part of our frame as well, and he has it worked out. Don't worry, he's good!

Let me know if there is anything else! BTW, that plastic design somebody did was fantastic!

Talk to you later.

1badcrf
02-01-2003, 01:00 AM
how will this frame handel opposed to a 250r based houser or walsh???

Jnine
02-01-2003, 08:14 AM
Well, this frame will handle like an EX with 50% more power. It will steer a little quicker than the "R" because of the front end geometry.

Ben
02-01-2003, 08:36 AM
After talking with John yesterday for quite some time I have to say that I am EXTREMELY excited about his upcoming 400ex line of products - they are going to revolutionize the aftermarket ATV chassis industry in both innovation and price :D I can't wait to see his products first hand this spring!

Ben

Ralph
02-01-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
hey john...get ben to set you up your own thread section. thats one of the best ideas ive seen here:) save ya a ton of time.

btw...happy belated birthday:)

Dave400ex
02-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Yeah I am also excited like Ben is. This Frame will be great. I really want to see these new A-Arms. John will you make a 16" LT arm like Houser makes?

Jnine
02-01-2003, 10:58 AM
On the A-arms, one version is a "long travel" setup.

1badcrf
02-01-2003, 11:41 AM
ok when i get a frame from youi i use your swing arm correct?? would i use your a-arms also? Do all aftermarket frame companies use 400ex parts as their a-arms and such?
Thanks for help
p.s- cant wait till you get your own forum

Dave400ex
02-01-2003, 05:46 PM
I was just reading the Info on your site about the A-Arms. I can't wait to see a picture of them. If you offer the new design with the bindless joints in standard 16" in +1 I know I would have to get some....

jlhughes750
02-06-2003, 12:51 PM
what is the web site for arens

smith
02-06-2003, 01:53 PM
web site: www.arensbros.com/arens

it is only his preliminary site, so if some things don't work right, he says it should be finalized in a few weeks.

Ralph
02-06-2003, 01:59 PM
THATS WEBSITE IS GREAT!!!! i realy like the intro...

Dave400ex
02-06-2003, 02:17 PM
I can't ever get the Intro to load..

smith
02-06-2003, 02:31 PM
The first time that you get it to load completely takes a little while. There are a LOT of pictures and cool things loading. Just be patient. Once you've sucessfully loaded it, it works great each time. (I ran into that at home too and got frustrated the first couple of times, now I realize it was worth the wait!)

bmx554
02-07-2003, 07:36 AM
Check out the new JRD racing chassis. The frame takes a 250r,400ex,yz426,or crf450. There stuff is awesome. Im picking mine up tomorrow.

www.jrdmech.com

trx400ex
02-07-2003, 01:22 PM
wow that looks...different. Except the aarms, oh wait he just copied off of Doug Roll.

Cant wait till the 450 frame is out john.... Will it look clean, like i mean with the crf engine will it look funny with no oil cooler and alot of mounts left empty?

Extremeracer167
02-07-2003, 01:26 PM
actually, i think the JRD stuff looks like high quality. But its like Elka on this site, if its not Arens, its not good:D

smith
02-07-2003, 01:36 PM
I don't know about that. The craftsmanship may be ok, but coming from an engineering background, there looks to be gussets in spots that really aren't doing anything other than cosmetics! From just looking at the picture, there seems to be a few spots that there is going to be a lot of stress on the frame because of how it is laid out which will eventually cause a break! (a few spots that NEED to be gusseted instead of the others)

Extremeracer167
02-07-2003, 01:40 PM
im no engineer, but there is one place that i can see that MIGHT hve a problem, and thats the front shock mounts. But who knows maybe with the angles they used it puts force somewhere else. But if im going to spend over 1500 on an aftermarket frame, it better be differant then stock. I got 2 solid years out of my stock frame. ANd personally i cant see any aftermarket frame lasting more then 3 years w/o something going wrong with it. SUre 1800 or whatever Arens said the price woul dbe is SUPER CHEAP for an aftermarket frame, but its still not cheap enough. Thats why ill stick with a stock gusseted frame.

Dave400ex
02-07-2003, 02:17 PM
I don't think everybody on the site says if it's not Arens it isn't good. I myself think Walsh is the best, the Laeger, and next I would get Arens. There are many, many, compaines building chassis parts now that make some good products. That JRD frame looks a little odd and so does the swingarm...

Extremeracer167
02-07-2003, 02:48 PM
heck im sure the Roll Design a-arms looked odd when they came out. Nobody was used to seeing bent a-arms. I would probably have bought the JRD a-arms and swinger if i didnt alreay buy my housers.

trx400ex
02-07-2003, 03:31 PM
so the frame is going to be 1800$ now?

Guy400
02-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
so the frame is going to be 1800$ now? No, someone just misspoke. It's still ~$1200.

mrusk
02-07-2003, 04:13 PM
With all the top chasis part manufactures: Walsh, laeger, roll, houser, herrmann, burguard, jd, jrd, merell, arens i do not think there is anyone that makes a bad product, it just that some of thoses companys product is better then the others. Its like street bikes. The 600ss are getting better and better each year. I always hear people talking saying 'X bike' sucks because it got last in the shootout. In reality 'x bike' is not bad at all, it just many not be as good or as innovated as the bike who won.

I have no doubt in my mind that John Arens makes top notch stuff. His products may very well make the best stuff in the industry. I do not think anyone excpet a very experience engineer could determine that. I know many people consider walsh the best and then laeger. I really think the only reason for that is because of the narrow front end and different geometrys. I am sure atleast half the frames walsh and laeger sell are stock width. Many guys perfer the stock width up front such as tim farr. A stock width laeger or walsh frame is no better then a arens.

I really doubt more then 2% of the riders on this board could notice a difference between the narrow front and a wide front frame. I really doubt the % that noticed the difference would be better riders or do better in a race because of it.

When my 250r needs a frame its going to be a Arens. If i ever build another quad it will be all arens parts.

matt

Guy400
02-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
I really doubt more then 2% of the riders on this board could notice a difference between the narrow front and a wide front frame. I really doubt the % that noticed the difference would be better riders or do better in a race because of it.

matt That's more truth about aftermarket parts than anyone realizes. I bet the percentage would be even less than that. I just did the math and 2% of 6500 members is 130 people. I seriously doubt that 130 members here could tell the difference. In fact, I bet only a handful might be able to tell the difference. If we had two identical quads but one had a narrow frame and one had a wide frame and we covered the front end and made them ride blind of which frame they were on I'd be interested in seeing who could tell the difference.

mrusk
02-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Guy- sure there are 6500 members here, but i doubt 1000 people ever posted here.
If people are looking to build a crf quad and they already have a build 400, there is no reason for them to buy any other frame besides a arens. John arens is going to be selling these frames for under 2k with the raditor. A Walsh frame is 2800+600 for the subframe+400 for the radaitor. You can save like 2k if you use a arens frame instead of a walsh. That 2k makes up for all and any handling you loose by running a arens.

matt

MOUSE
02-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by bmx554
Check out the new JRD racing chassis. The frame takes a 250r,400ex,yz426,or crf450. There stuff is awesome. Im picking mine up tomorrow.

www.jrdmech.com

im pretty interested in this frame because i want to do the yz426 project anyone know a price on this frame? i didnt find one on the website. i like how it comes as kind of a package deal. only got one question do the front shock mounts look funny to anyone?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=431478

trx400ex
02-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Guy- sure there are 6500 members here, but i doubt 1000 people ever posted here.
If people are looking to build a crf quad and they already have a build 400, there is no reason for them to buy any other frame besides a arens. John arens is going to be selling these frames for under 2k with the raditor. A Walsh frame is 2800+600 for the subframe+400 for the radaitor. You can save like 2k if you use a arens frame instead of a walsh. That 2k makes up for all and any handling you loose by running a arens.

matt

Yup your right, i always thought about building a hybrid, but there was never any options for us 400exers besides a lsr or modified stock, im not paying 2500 for a lsr and moding a stock frame is too much for me....i have a hard enough time getting the parts to find where they originally went in the first place. Now that arens has a frame for 1200 or something it is affordable. Just adding it up in my head it will only be about 4500 to switch from my 400 to a crf, thats a pretty sweet deal, i wanna see one of these frames!!

Dave400ex
02-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Yeah I agree that Arens is awesome. Now when you pay for the Aftermarket Chassis and the 400 gets to slow, you won't be screwed and have all that money in a Frame that is now going to be worth next to nothing. Well with the Arens you will be able to buy a kit, radiator, and CRF motor and put it in that Frame. Now you didn't waste any money on buying the frame for the 400. I think it will be a long time before somebody makes something competive with a CRF too...

mrusk
02-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
Yup your right, i always thought about building a hybrid,...i have a hard enough time getting the parts to find where they originally went in the first place.

Yea. I have had a hard time gettin several aftermarket parts to fit properly. I have always thought of building a hybrid. But i always come to the conclusion that i don't need one. Its 90% rider 10% bike. I really think that there is no reason for anyone below A class to be riding a yzf or crf. I laugh when i see guys in the C class on their walsh crf's getting SMOKED by a guy on a stock motored ex with work shocks.

matt

02-07-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by MOUSE
im pretty interested in this frame because i want to do the yz426 project anyone know a price on this frame? i didnt find one on the website. i like how it comes as kind of a package deal. only got one question do the front shock mounts look funny to anyone?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=431478 those are adjustable top shock mounts like a roll design frame. they adjust hieght bu threading in or out the top shock mount. of course the mount is not on the frame in thet pic

Mxbubs
02-07-2003, 05:48 PM
The frame looks nice......but like Roll Design, and Houser, he took a short cut and used male studded ball joints on the top a-arms, unlike the Walsh's, Herrmanns, or Gibons.:D

Dave400ex
02-07-2003, 08:18 PM
MXBubs have you read about Arens new arms? What do you think of them?

trx400ex
02-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Yea. I have had a hard time gettin several aftermarket parts to fit properly. I have always thought of building a hybrid. But i always come to the conclusion that i don't need one. Its 90% rider 10% bike. I really think that there is no reason for anyone below A class to be riding a yzf or crf. I laugh when i see guys in the C class on their walsh crf's getting SMOKED by a guy on a stock motored ex with work shocks.

matt

Yeah thats another reason i didnt build one this year even if i could have afforded it. Im going to see how i do this year and if i suck then i wont build one but if i can do as good as i hope to ill be switching over....gotta keep up with those kfxs and all this new $#it.:chinese:

1badcrf
02-08-2003, 09:12 AM
That jrd frame looks pretty good it has a flip top frame for the rear plastic... Looks pretty nice to me but they dont have a price any where .....

Mxbubs
02-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
MXBubs have you read about Arens new arms? What do you think of them?

All I've read about them is what John has posted here.....Got any more info? Pics?

Dave400ex
02-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Go to www.arensbros.com/arens and you can get a little more info. I haven't found seen any pictures though...

Well I just tried that and it won't work anymore. They must be finishing up the site....