PDA

View Full Version : could you keep my gramp in your paryers?

woodsracer144
04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, just got some bad news today, my grandpa has to have heart surgery done this comming friday, i'm going to try and explain whats wrong, in your heart theres a cord that pulls something shut and pushes blood through but his cord is gone and so then half the blood goes through and half of it stays.

in 04 my grandma passed from the same thing ( his wife) right now its getting really crazy and it would just be awsome if you could say a few to the big man for me.

thanks you so much!

honda400ex2003
04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Will do! Good luck and gods speed! I hope all goes well for him. steve

woodsracer144
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks alot man!

250x_kyle
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
will do as well. my uncle had that problem and he made it through just fine. im sure your grandpa is tough enough to do the same. these old guys are tough as nails.

Pappy
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
these old guys are tough as nails.

10-4....prayers sent but he will probably out live most of us haha!

slightlybent47
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Sure I’d be glad too, what is his name?

woodsracer144
04-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Robert, everyone just calls him Bob though.

CJM
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear, hope everything turns out ok. My Pop Pop just went thru double bypass and a heart valve replacement.

KXRida
04-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Sounds like a valvular disorder. Most commenly the mitral valve. It's called mitral valve prolapse. My sister has it, but it's only at a moderate degree of regurgitation. As long as the valve itself is good, a cord repair has a pretty good prognosis as far as recovery goes. Valve replacements are where potential trouble can arise. I'll say a few prayers for him. Best of luck to you and your family. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can.

ATV Chic
04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
He will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery!

woodsracer144
04-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
Sounds like a valvular disorder. Most commenly the mitral valve. It's called mitral valve prolapse. My sister has it, but it's only at a moderate degree of regurgitation. As long as the valve itself is good, a cord repair has a pretty good prognosis as far as recovery goes. Valve replacements are where potential trouble can arise. I'll say a few prayers for him. Best of luck to you and your family. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Yeah its what it sounds like, the main reason im really affraid is cause my gram had this same thing and was doing great than out of nowhere thing went bad and she passed... he goes in friday to set up his date to get his work done. thanks for the paryers, i'll keep you updated.

jmoney45
04-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Prayers sent. I hope the surgery goes well.

KXRida
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
Yeah its what it sounds like, the main reason im really affraid is cause my gram had this same thing and was doing great than out of nowhere thing went bad and she passed... he goes in friday to set up his date to get his work done. thanks for the paryers, i'll keep you updated.

Keep in mind everybody heals different and no one is the same. That is why surgeries are so unpredictable. What works for one person may not work for another, etc. Keep us updated.

CJM
04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Keep in mind everybody heals different and no one is the same. That is why surgeries are so unpredictable. What works for one person may not work for another, etc. Keep us updated.

Exactly, one grandfather of mine had to have a vein/artery replaced inhis leg due to poor bloodflow but 3 surgeries later it failed over and over. A 95 year old lady the dr told us had no issues just 2 weeks prior.

I hope everything goes well, I know exactly hwo you feel with my one grandfather who has super sick for the last 3 years and now my mothers father needed the same thing your grandpa went thru.