PDA

View Full Version : need help (prom related haha)

Canadian144
04-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Haha alright, don't laugh too much.

Prom is coming up at the end of May, and this week most of my friends have asked girls to go with them (most of the hot ones are taken). Anyways it's just grade 11 prom, so it's not a huge deal.

So I am planning to ask this girl.... but need some suggestions haha. The "fill the locker with flowers", "fill the locker with balloons", etc etc has been done. Anyways, I ran for a prefect a few weeks ago (didn't win the election thanks to the grade 12s not voting for me haha) and I had these funny posters of me, it said "Kucan because Yucan" and "You can with Kucan" (Kucan is my last name, everyone calls me by it), and a picture of me sitting inside my dad's F150.

So I was going to do a spoof idea, inside her locker, put a poster saying "Will you-can go to prom with Kucan" and have a funny picture of me dancing from the semi-formal a few months ago. Also put a rose there haha.

Does it sound legit? haha Any other ideas?

eastcoastpro20
04-20-2010, 08:29 PM
i asked my date to prom drunk on the beach on spring break lol

trx400 rider
04-20-2010, 08:33 PM
lol bro i say go for it. the worse she can say is umm sryy i cant .. lol then go find another girl. one will like your idea

rpfeifer11
04-20-2010, 08:39 PM
It's this hard to ask a girl to prom? I asked a girl to prom in a text message.

Canadian144
04-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by trx400 rider
lol bro i say go for it. the worse she can say is umm sryy i cant .. lol then go find another girl. one will like your idea

haha true.

Originally posted by rpfeifer11

haha yeah but I don't think anyone at my school has ever been asked out over the internet or through texting haha... usually something "dramatic" and planned is involved.

CJM
04-20-2010, 08:44 PM
The prom itself imho is the biggest waste, now the afterparty is what you need to make sure you go to.

Canadian144
04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
^ Haha yeah. Afterparty will be sick, it is already planned haha. I'm pissed that I still have my learner's permit though.

Next year for "real" prom, I will have it though. Hopefully either going to take my mom's Infiniti G37 coupe, or my brother's wife's Porsche (07 Boxster S, yes it's a Boxster but chicks don't care haha).

Jake250ex
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
ehh dude your overthinkin it. just approach the chick and ask her straight up. just be smooth and calm. if she says no its no biggie.. the dudes with all the girls have been rejected and once you get over the fear of being rejected you'll ask any girl out you see.

honda7
04-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
ehh dude your overthinkin it. just approach the chick and ask her straight up. just be smooth and calm. if she says no its no biggie.. the dudes with all the girls have been rejected and once you get over the fear of being rejected you'll ask any girl out you see.

yea man i agree with jake250ex dont overthink it and always remeber for that 1 smokin hot chick there might have been 5 other girls that turned the guy down.just dont let one girl get ya down ohh and be confident in urself

tayyo789
04-21-2010, 12:43 AM
just ask her. that way if it backfires, your not as committed

Canadian144
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
^ Hah I didn't see the above comments until now, I probably should have just asked her straight up but whatever haha...

During lunch I went out and bought 4 roses ($4 each! Frickin rip off!), I got a red one, a white one, a yellow one, and a pink one. During last period, I put them in her locker (it was open), along with a printout saying "will you go to prom with the man they call kucan" (seriously haha, my last name is Kucan and everyone calls me by it) and a picture of me on the LTR haha. Then I waited there at the end of the day for her to open her locker lol.

I guess I'll have to get a picture of us w/ the quad haha... like you see sent into dirtwheels all the time!

fastredrider44
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
That's pretty hardcore. I just asked my date if she would go. I got two rejections before I found a date. Just prepare to spend a lot of money to go. And don't cheap out. Rent a real tux. Not you're dad's old business suit. lol.

honda400ex2003
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
congrats! let the $$ start flowing. you think you spend alot on your ltr, wait till you have to go to dinner, rent a tux, get flowers, get tickets, and more. it adds up real quick then lol. congrats again, my prom was pretty lame, we were all gone by 10 pm and went home. lol. steve

krt400ex
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by rpfeifer11

maybe i'm old fashioned but thats horrible lol. thats like just as bad as asking her out over text or breaking up with her over text. so impersonal.

honda400ex2003
04-21-2010, 06:44 PM
very agreed disrespectful to a lady imo. steve

Canadian144
04-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
That's pretty hardcore. I just asked my date if she would go. I got two rejections before I found a date. Just prepare to spend a lot of money to go. And don't cheap out. Rent a real tux. Not you're dad's old business suit. lol.

Haha I'm debating whether to rent a tux or to just wear the suit I wore to my brother's wedding (which is nice IMO), I guess it's up to my date haha.

Originally posted by honda400ex2003
congrats! let the $$ start flowing. you think you spend alot on your ltr, wait till you have to go to dinner, rent a tux, get flowers, get tickets, and more. it adds up real quick then lol. congrats again, my prom was pretty lame, we were all gone by 10 pm and went home. lol. steve

Haha I know, I was going to buy a set of trail tech HIDs and a quad tech beak this week... but now I can't haha. Spent like $20 on flowers today, tickets (including dinner) are $90 each, also we're renting a limo as a group haha, etc etc. I guess I'll just have to ride around with the crummy stock headlight for a bit longer haha.

Tommy Warren
04-21-2010, 08:10 PM
don't forget to buy some rubbas;)

aDviSol2y
04-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Whatever you do, just don't say "haha" before or after everything you say.

Canadian144
04-21-2010, 08:56 PM
^ I only do that on the internet to lighten the mood :D

Tommy Warren
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
Whatever you do, just don't say "haha" before or after everything you say.
LOL thats what I was thinking

"Take your dress off haha"
"just lay still I'll do the rest haha"

tayyo789
04-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

1 Minute 24 seconds later:

"I'm so sorry haha"

04-21-2010, 10:47 PM
lmfao at those last 2 posts. Prom is expensive! After party is where its at but usually prom itself sucks. Skip that **** and go out later, save yourself like $500 lol. Get a hotel room and booze.

KXRida
04-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Is it wrong that 2 girls practically were fighting over me to go to my Jr. prom and I ended up not going with either of them lol? Went with my best friend that I've known for years because she didn't have a date. Senior prom I went with my girlfriend. Just have fun. In a weird way I kind of miss high school. I had an awesome senior year. It sucks being semi grown up now lol. Graduated college, full time job, truck payments, loan payments, etc lol. This sucks!

fastredrider44
04-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
lmfao at those last 2 posts. Prom is expensive!

Yep

Originally posted by KXRida
Just have fun. In a weird way I kind of miss high school. I had an awesome senior year. It sucks being semi grown up now lol. Graduated college, full time job, truck payments, loan payments, etc lol. This sucks!

Yep

honda400ex2003
04-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by tayyo789

"I'm so sorry haha"

Quotable for sure! steve

CJM
04-22-2010, 11:32 AM
HS was easy compared to the life ahead.

Personally I was dragged to 2 senior proms for other schools by friends of mine. We had fun I guess, but its not the same as a gf and the afterparty for my own senior prom was worth it. I didnt go to my own proms and didnt care.

It is $$$ tho, gotta have the limo, the tux, etc, etc..

If I had to do it all over again I wouldnt evenc are and just go to the afterparty.

fastredrider44
04-22-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm glad I went, but we only had Senior prom, where you could take a date from whatever year you wanted. So I went to prom once, and that was it. It was an experience, and prom night wasnt too shabby either.:p

krt400ex
04-22-2010, 07:10 PM

"I'm so sorry haha"

oh hell, i'm ashamed to admit that its been a long ten months for me. it'd be more like "24 seconds" lol

Canadian144
04-22-2010, 08:02 PM

"I'm so sorry haha"

ouch lol. I got a laugh out of it though.

Tommy Warren
04-22-2010, 08:33 PM
don't you mean

Originally posted by Canadian144
ouch haha. I got a laugh out of it though.

just playin dawg:devil:

Canadian144
04-22-2010, 09:05 PM
^lol

Now this thread has made me self-conscious about how much I say "haha" when on internet forums.

KXRida
04-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
oh hell, i'm ashamed to admit that its been a long ten months for me. it'd be more like "24 seconds" lol

you guys need girl friends.... :eek2:

hawaiikfx400
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
i went to prom with my now wife.pretty fun except the 3rd deg burns on my feet from a drunken bon fire walk accross coals the night befeore.kinda hard to dance with burns from nails from the pallets on you feet.:huh anyways she married me 5yrs later so i must of impressed her prom night:eek2: go have fun and remeber your only in high school once "date" as many woman as you can.:macho

trx310R#24
04-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

lmao!

honda400ex2003
04-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
you guys need girl friends.... :eek2:

lol x2, 3 and 4 ! steve

MX MaNiAc 06
09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Junior prom i took a girl from another school thats a good friend of mine. She was good looking and roped in some girl for me for the after party. I hooked her up with one of my friends.

Senior year i said fuggit and just rocked the after party. Buying a limo, tux, dinner and all that crap just to get a few pictures and go to a dance.. SOBER at that!

If you dont have a girlfriend that drags you there or a cool chick to go with its really not even worth the hassle. I think it would be kinda awkward to ask a random girl to prom i wasnt close with already.

If i could go back id do the same thing :devil:

motofreak2772
09-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Junior prom i took a girl from another school thats a good friend of mine. She was good looking and roped in some girl for me for the after party. I hooked her up with one of my friends.

Senior year i said fuggit and just rocked the after party. Buying a limo, tux, dinner and all that crap just to get a few pictures and go to a dance.. SOBER at that!

If you dont have a girlfriend that drags you there or a cool chick to go with its really not even worth the hassle. I think it would be kinda awkward to ask a random girl to prom i wasnt close with already.

If i could go back id do the same thing :devil:
Why did you search for this thread haha? Or did you accidentally jump back a bunch of pages??

Jake250ex
09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
didnt read all the previous posts but just approach & ask her and try to be calm and confident. if she says no dont get bent outta shape theres girls in your posistion too right now.