PDA

View Full Version : 450er starter question.

400exmatt
04-20-2010, 04:58 PM
i have a 06 450er and the starter cluch is out i think. Could someone give me some honda part numbers i need for the rebuild. Thanks in advance.

DnB_racing
04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
check honda parts nation they have the cheapest price if you dealer price matches use there prices the item # are 4,5,7,8,16 and the crank cover gasket its around $200 you can reuse some of your old parts if the spec out mine didnt actual part numbers of those parts can be found by looking up these items on starter clutch the gasket is on the right crank case cover side micro fishe item #6 -whill you have your clutch out do the clutch mod and put heavy duty springs in it at the same time it give the clutch a much beter feel and response for the clutch mod just buy some used plates off ebay you only need 1 and you can remove the judder springs and the first stationary plate and put a normal one in its place its allmost like a aftermarket clutch for allmost nonthing

airmobile101
04-20-2010, 05:52 PM
You can get the entire kit of Bike Bandit for around $125.00 shipped if you are a AMA/ATVA member.

DnB_racing
04-20-2010, 06:04 PM
thats a great price does that include the roller bearing and gasket i payed 189 for all my parsts but I couldnt reuse any of my outer housing or the starter gear itself they were almost out of spec so i replaced them as well are they included in the kit? most kits only have the clutch and circlip and housing no gear or roller bearing if $125 for all 6 parts neede thats real good I didnt see any kits from bike bandit if you get kits make sure you dont short change which parts your replacing if you dont want to do it again in a year you should do all 6 parts not the 3 parts that most kits supply

airmobile101
04-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
thats a great price does that include the roller bearing and gasket i payed 189 for all my parsts but I couldnt reuse any of my outer housing or the starter gear itself they were almost out of spec so i replaced them as well are they included in the kit? most kits only have the clutch and circlip and housing no gear or roller bearing if $125 for all 6 parts neede thats real good I didnt see any kits from bike bandit if you get kits make sure you dont short change which parts your replacing if you dont want to do it again in a year you should do all 6 parts not the 3 parts that most kits supply
To be honest, I'm not sure. I took a part# off a another forum and searched it on Bike Bandit. Honda PN: 06220-HP1-306

airmobile101
04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 400exmatt
i have a 06 450er and the starter cluch is out i think. Could someone give me some honda part numbers i need for the rebuild. Thanks in advance.
Try this
Honda PN: 06220-HP1-306

DnB_racing
04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
that kit dosnt have every thing needed ther are only 3 parts to do it right you need all 6 but its your quad do what you want I like to do it right the first time but i ran mine till everthing needed replacement I wanted to make it till winter and pushed it till it was totally gone some may not need all the parts that I did here is a link for the clutch modifaction I really recomend doing this while you have it all apart its cheap and easy and adds life to your clutch and better feeling and get some heavy springs I put 20% more pressure springs I think EBC. and the clutch plate mod it feels like a expensive aftermarket and performs like one for about $40 http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/Clutch_mod.htm

sunco
04-22-2010, 08:02 AM
I get what ur talking about now. I just called the dealer - The quad should have been done, but I doubt it was. This 07 I bought used, so its an update not a recall & it expired August 08. :mad: Now I gotta pay on my own. The dealer sent me 6 pages about it. I thought it was the starter on the back of the motor but now I see ur post is correct & that I need to do the stuff u said. So I'll be ordering stuff as soon as I know the part #'s that I need. Thanx

DnB_racing
04-22-2010, 01:39 PM
the post I left is for the starter clutch, but I also added the link for the pressure plates( Clutch ), this is a modification that's not necessary but does make a big difference in your clutch life, you have to take your clutch out to do the starter clutch anyways so you can do the clutch mod while your at it and like I said in other post you only need 1 fiber plate that can be bought off ebay and you get rid of judder springs its a cheap way to have aftermarket clutch performance without the price of an aftermarket one. the parts that you need for starter clutch can be found on any oem micro fiche you should take apart to see what you need some parts might not need replacing check manual for limits

snacob14
04-22-2010, 01:42 PM
order the kicker stuff and throw that crap away. You can do the kicker convert for around 200 bucks. The problem is that if you hit the gas again while hitting the starter button, it will kill the new starter one way. Pretty stupid on hondas part.

DnB_racing
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
if you can get me the stuff to do for 200 I will send you 250 right now I have be colecting the parts for 4 months now of ebay and I have about 275 into it and still need about 6 more parts that will cost me another 75 so I will have about 350 into it without the 18dollar gasket so 368 when Im done or the kit is about 450 if you can get parts for 200 ill take 10 kits

snacob14
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM
sweet, send me 2000 bucks via paypal and i'll get em to you ;)

The key is being patient. I picked it all up for 200. got a full kicker assembly off of an 05 on ebay for 40 bucks shipped, bought a kicker off of ebay for 25 shipped, and then ordered the few factory parts to make it work. did it all for 200.

if you can get an 05 assembly then you'll just have to buy a few 06 up parts to finish it up

if you have 368 in it...thats your fault:D

DnB_racing
04-22-2010, 02:05 PM
that's what I have been doing but Im not the only one sick of the starter clutch, the parts are in demand during the winter season when every one is updating, maybe now that people are riding on there quads and not working on there wont be as much bidding pressure on the parts and I can pick up the rest resonably priced

snacob14
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
yeah, thats true. I did mine last summer and got everything extrememly reasonably. just be patient and that stuff will show up.

sunco
04-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Well I wont be riding :(

DnB_racing
04-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Im done messing with mine not starting Im installing 24v and kick I dare it not to start when Im done! I only have a few more parts to get and Ill be installing during the real hot months when I dont like having something 350 pounds and hot and dirty in between my legs

DnB_racing
04-22-2010, 02:21 PM
what blew up?

snacob14
04-22-2010, 02:21 PM
my buddy airemobile has the 24v system. I was going that route, but figured I could install the kicker and be done. You can still toast starter one ways with that 24v and with my rekluse, I can't afford the starter not working

sunco
04-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
what blew up?

U talkin to me? My motor blew up both cases ................... anyway I just fixed it at 2pm today. bought an 07 w/ hrc kit for 3K the paints not even rubbed off it :D Now I'm gonna take the starter stuff & put it in the kids quad from my toasted motor. I'm takin stuff off mind & puttin it on this one I just got & walla I'm go to go. Now I'll be selling a roller