PDA

View Full Version : wow, some people

One_Bad_400
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
i almost feel like i need one of these things now, i didnt know they were such high demand!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36667769

bens250ex
04-20-2010, 05:11 PM
it could be handy for school possible.

One_Bad_400
04-20-2010, 05:15 PM
If it can strike an arc i guess so :p

bens250ex
04-20-2010, 06:01 PM
well i guess i meant for some people. it would really help me either unless it had programs for the cnc machines. but yea it wouldn't help me weldin either. oh well i wouldn't spend 800 bucks on that thing i got better things to buy.

ZeroLogic
04-20-2010, 06:55 PM
I never understood the hype of these phones that let you go on the web and whatnot. The damn screen is the size of my pinky.

fast426
04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
As far as the I Phone, I was skeptical too, but use one for a while and i Guarantee you will never go back. The Ipad is basically a big I touch, so I am not sure i would spend 500 on that though.

CJM
04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I dont understand the point to the internet phones, the itouches, ipad junk.

I am happy with my cruddy phone that doesnt do anything to work as a phone and text (which I barely use). This way if I drop it its no big deal if it breaks.

One_Bad_400
04-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I dont understand the point to the internet phones, the itouches, ipad junk.

I am happy with my cruddy phone that doesnt do anything to work as a phone and text (which I barely use). This way if I drop it its no big deal if it breaks.

ya, thats what we all thought untill we got one. I had crappers untill i got the HTC Hero, basicly an Iphone. and i also have a Itouch. love them.

bens250ex
04-20-2010, 10:19 PM
If I wasn't using a itouch right now I would not be on the Internet I would be bored till 2 am when I get off

aDviSol2y
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
The issue I see with the new phones and all the texting and what not, is the poor grammer and people skills kids have these days. Plus texts can very easily be taken into the wrong context.

Kickstarts-suck
04-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
Plus texts can very easily be taken into the wrong context.

Tell me about it......

honda400ex2003
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
for college people that take a lot of notes it would be nice or people who use the internet alot it would be also. It does not run all of the programs of a normal computer but is still as big. they went from really small to getting bigger again. lol. I will get a tablet pc before i invest 500 in something that doesnt run anything i need it to. I have my laptop next to me and am sitting in the lab typing on the desktop. lol. I could take a tablet to class and save paper space in my bag which would help out a ton on my back. I could use digital books too. I could theoretically have one item to take to class all day with me. If the ipad could verify that i could run excel, outlook, solidworks, IE, and a decent note program along with a flip to a keyboard and part screen to type long papers and such using the screen I would get one. I guess maybe it does, I havent really checked it out yet. tablets can be used for both a laptop and a notebook by just flipping the screen around. i use my laptop way too much to get away from it. I dont have any high tech phones though, just a razr without texting or anything. This way, i break it as i do about 1 time a year, I can get one easily and get my numbers off of it if possible without losing all of my contacts for email and everything. steve

honda400ex2003
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
edit: to mine lol, It looks like there is a keyboard on it so that is a nice feature, but it still runs all of the apple stuff like safari and such. steve

CJM
04-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I just cant use all this tech cause I will break it. Like I said I never buy nice phones b/c they break into bits cause they are so fragile.

honda400ex2003
04-21-2010, 06:42 PM
After browsing the apple site for about an hour looking at appropriate apps for note taking and such it looks like a very promising investment to make for a college student like myself. it can take notes with the right app and can check email and surf the web. it will also make ppts so that is a nice feature too. the main things that are needed on a daily basis would be covered with the full keyboard on the screen if needed but the main computing would have to be done on a laptop or a desktop. It could easily be networked with a desktop it looks like and sunk with windows easy enough just like the ipods and such. i may have to invest in one for next year at school. you can get some really cool accessories and case along with a service plan on it with the 64 gb hd for just a bit under 1000 bucks. cheap compared to most higher end laptops and tablet pcs. steve

dpizz450
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by fast426
As far as the I Phone, I was skeptical too, but use one for a while and i Guarantee you will never go back. The Ipad is basically a big I touch, so I am not sure i would spend 500 on that though.

X2 Hit the nail on the head. I was very iffy about them first to. I got my first Iphone back in November. I will never go to another phone. It's light years beyond any other phone out there. And I've owned just about all of the smartphones.

The Iphone is very useful when you need it. I check my bank account on the go, can look up movie times, food places, etc. etc. Sure it's not for everyone, but if you ever do get use to it, you don't wanna go back. Sure all the other smart phones have the web, but the browser on the Iphone is alot better, not to mention being able to zoom in and out with the pinch of your finger.

dpizz450
04-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I just cant use all this tech cause I will break it. Like I said I never buy nice phones b/c they break into bits cause they are so fragile.

A $50 otter box for the iphone will cover that. I drop my phone on the concrete all the time, and nothing happens.

I've had my Iphone for about 6 months now and haven't broke it. Knock on wood. But I use to be very hard on phones. I went through 4 blackberry curves in one year. It was ridiculous.

CJM
04-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by dpizz450
A $50 otter box for the iphone will cover that. I drop my phone on the concrete all the time, and nothing happens.

I've had my Iphone for about 6 months now and haven't broke it. Knock on wood. But I use to be very hard on phones. I went through 4 blackberry curves in one year. It was ridiculous.

Will that box thing work when I drop it in a mudhole, drying cement, off the roof of a house, run over with whatever, etc, etc.

I broke one of those motorola construction/military grade phones-apparently they arent "bobcat" resistant cause when I ran it over it busted to bits.

One_Bad_400
04-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Will that box thing work when I drop it in a mudhole, drying cement, off the roof of a house, run over with whatever, etc, etc.

I broke one of those motorola construction/military grade phones-apparently they arent "bobcat" resistant cause when I ran it over it busted to bits.

the only thing that would make anything bobcat resistant is 1/4" steel case. but yes, that otter box is very protective of the phone. my dad and friend have the otter and its thick and durable, pretty water proof too.

Trxracr
04-24-2010, 11:28 AM
i seen in a Dirtwheels magazine awhile ago that Pro Armor makes billet aluminum iPod cases idk if they have one for the iPhone though

honda400ex2003
04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
the only thing that would make anything bobcat resistant is 1/4" steel case. but yes, that otter box is very protective of the phone. my dad and friend have the otter and its thick and durable, pretty water proof too.
I have an otter box for my dell x51v that is really nice. I could probably run it over with a truck and it would be ok plus it is water proof, floats, and has a stylus holder on the outside so i dont have to open it every time i want to get the stylus. If i had one of these things i would def be getting a water proof case of some sort for it. steve

trx310R#24
04-24-2010, 11:35 AM
i remember when i was the only one in school with a PDA phone... now everyone has them... =p and now i no longer want one lol but i have one anyway =p