PDA

View Full Version : sacrafices we made for this sport...

jcs003
04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
i have missed car payments to rebuild a motor. when in college i missed exams to go on riding trips. lied to my woman about being sick so icould work on the quad and not take her out. WTF! is wrong with me.lol!!:devil:

Pipeless416
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
lied to my woman about being sick so icould work on the quad and not take her out.

jcs003
04-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416

???:confused:

Pipeless416
04-20-2010, 03:14 PM
???:confused:

forgot the x2 lol

jesseweaver
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
constantly getting beat up and being really sore. never having any money. staying up till 3 am to get your bike ready so you can go ride at 6am the next day

Ichoptop
04-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Missing exams and car payment means your irresponsible.

Staying up until 2 a.m. working on a new Supermoto machine....I did it last night and will probably do it at least 5-6 more nights before the first race next month. Spending every EXTRA cent I have on new parts to handle better and go faster...thats just priorities.

aDviSol2y
04-20-2010, 04:13 PM
"Accidentally" breaking parts so you had a good reason to tell the old lady why you needed new ones.

matt14c
04-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
"Accidentally" breaking parts so you had a good reason to tell the old lady why you needed new ones.

I like that one!

Girlfriend of two years gave me a choice her or racing because I spent more time with my quad than her. It was high school crap so of course still have the quad!!!!

04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
beating the crap outta my body to have fun lol and spending a lot of money that I would love to have for other things.

aDviSol2y
04-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Listening to the old lady b*tch about how you spend more time out in the garage and less time listening to her gossip about other people.

JR3
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
driving a piece of **** truck with a 20 grand race quad in the back haha. with all the money ive spent on race quads/ riding in general i could prolly have a really nice truck and my own place haha

bens250ex
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop

Staying up until 2 a.m. working on a new Supermoto machine....I did it last night and will probably do it at least 5-6 more nights before the first race next month. Spending every EXTRA cent I have on new parts to handle better and go faster...thats just priorities.

x2 on the irresponsible quote

dns1764
04-20-2010, 05:16 PM
well my parents think quad parts are a waste of money for the amount i use it, so i'm in the process on breaking and upgrading...rear tires this week

MX MaNiAc 06
04-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Just got in a fight with my girl cuz im cheap with her and not my quad. I believe her exact words were "You wouldn't drive home last weekend to see me but this weekend you're driving home to take your quad to the track? How much more does that cost!!!"

Breaking bones giving me disabilities. I can't run up the stairs but I have no problem jumping a triple!

Smoker
04-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by JR3
driving a piece of **** truck with a 20 grand race quad in the back haha. with all the money ive spent on race quads/ riding in general i could prolly have a really nice truck and my own place haha

Lol, 1K truck and had about 16K wrapped up in my quad, I recently upgraded to a 3K truck, things are getting better.

ben300
04-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex

x3 and 4.....

the quad is temporary...

those other two things are your furture...

BlaineKaiser450
04-20-2010, 05:39 PM
My knee is pretty messed up, I don't do many things other than ride and I'm always broke

Stiles86
04-20-2010, 05:48 PM
filing bankruptcy because you where out of work for 11 months because you got hurt racing, loosing your girlfriend because you picked your bike over her, selling everthing you own to make it through a full season having a crappy truck so you dont have a payment

hey...some people go fishing

Jake250ex
04-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by JR3

BAHA!! i drive a b2300 2wd, 2.3, single cab, power nothing with a rebuilt title and hual around a built 450r.

blow my paycheck every weekend i race. am always broke. girls think its cool at first, then are disgusted by how much time/money you spend on it. hurt real bad last year. always being told by my parents that im begging to be in a wheelchair. am trying to save up the $1200 to pay a bankruptcy lawyer cause when i got hurt i didnt have health insurance, and lost my job at the same time, but as soon as i get paid its time for parts or another race

KFX450Rrider490
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y

i do that all the time!!! so far i havent found a better saying that works better!!

Pipeless416
04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
we are a different breed. that's for sure.

J.Brown121
04-20-2010, 08:36 PM
I didn't go play college football b/c I was tired of getting my body beat up every fall...now I'm beat up year round b/c it's always riding season in Oklahoma.

jcs003
04-21-2010, 02:03 AM

staying up late and spending all your money on a quad may be considered irresponsible.

i didnt ask you for your opinion on something i did 10 years ago when i was in college.

follow the thread subject. i i wanted a morality lesson i would go to church.

jcs003
04-21-2010, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by bens250ex

thanks for your opinion. tell me the things you did when you were 19. stick to the thread or dont post.

jcs003
04-21-2010, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by ben300
x3 and 4.....

the quad is temporary...

those other two things are your furture...

it must be the three wise men. your opinion is noted. what my priorities are irrevelant. follow the thread subject or dont respond.

dns1764
04-21-2010, 05:16 AM
thanks for your opinion. tell me the things you did when you were 19. stick to the thread or dont post.
well i'm 19, and i have never missed a payment for anything. then again i'm not crusing around on a $17000 quad. but i am paying for my own tuition, bought my own truck, and am looking to buy a new snowmobile. i still think missing payments is very irresponsible and just hurt you in the long run.

Stiles86
04-21-2010, 06:53 AM
missing payments and such is messing with your future, good thing i dont have a future guess ill keep racing

Ichoptop
04-21-2010, 07:32 AM
staying up late and spending all your money on a quad may be considered irresponsible.

i didnt ask you for your opinion on something i did 10 years ago when i was in college.

follow the thread subject. i i wanted a morality lesson i would go to church.

you asked what was wrong with you....

if you post and expect replies, dont get all butt hurt when you get them.

jcs003
04-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by dns1764
well i'm 19, and i have never missed a payment for anything. then again i'm not crusing around on a $17000 quad. but i am paying for my own tuition, bought my own truck, and am looking to buy a new snowmobile. i still think missing payments is very irresponsible and just hurt you in the long run.

well, i hope you will be doing better than me. but i do very well. owned 3 brand new cadillacs since then. own a nice big house. have a mechanical engineering degree. hmmm. what a terrible life im living for goofing off as a teenager.

jcs003
04-21-2010, 08:10 AM
you asked what was wrong with you....

if you post and expect replies, dont get all butt hurt when you get them.

if you read it more closely, there was no question mark. determing it being a statement not question.

aDviSol2y
04-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Wow, its amazing how a good thread can go bad in 2.2 seconds.

416exfreak
04-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Ok.. now that everyones vaginal bruising has went away..

I've been laid up in a bed for 3 months, broken MANY bones, missed quite a few days of school for impromptu riding trips, missed even more days of work because of said riding trips and here lately.. I've been broke, because VP U4-2 is effin' expensive around here...

Im 17 and I feel like an old man when I get out of bed every morning. All my bones ache and pop, and my muscles are always sore.. hahaha :p

Thinking about trying to trade my 440 for a mildly modded 660 raptor.. something more trail oriented with reverse.

fastredrider44
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Back on topic.... I lost a girlfriend due to racing. x5 or whatever we're at on the junk truck and built racebike. Rolling into work on Mondays with every muscle in my body sore. Not having any money. And putting up with having to hear my parents say what an immature thing it is to be racing. I just tell them I'm doing it while I'm able bodied.

ALAMX37
04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Gave up a college baseball scholarship, when I wrecked and destroyed my pitching arm. Wake up to pain every day from breaking my back, 8 years ago, arthritis has already started to set in, I am 23. Spent 35k on two bikes and drive a $2500 bmw. I could go on for days, but I do it because I love it and until I stop loving it is what I will do.

ZBlaster
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Broken wrist, 2 concussions, dislocated hip, several broken/cracked/bruised ribs, broken fingers, etc.

Busted a brand new One Industries Trooper, and a Fox V3.

Missed several Friday classes to go out of town to race.

Put over 5k miles on my truck since February just going to races.

Yeahhhh.

jesseweaver
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
missed quite a few days of school for impromptu riding trips,

haha yea i love the feeling of waking up in the morning and not feeling like going to school and then remembering i dont have to work that day and loading up my bike and going riding for the day.

onefast400ex
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
it must be the three wise men. your opinion is noted. what my priorities are irrevelant. follow the thread subject or dont respond.

Hahahaha the wise men, for some reason I couldn't stop laughing. With all this talk about difficulty getting out of bed, how hard is it to get situated on the toilet the morning after a race?

It is the biggest money pit, but can give pay you back with some of the best memories.

jcs003
04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by onefast400ex
Hahahaha the wise men, for some reason I couldn't stop laughing. With all this talk about difficulty getting out of bed, how hard is it to get situated on the toilet the morning after a race?

It is the biggest money pit, but can give pay you back with some of the best memories.

three guys in a row one followed the other telling me i was irresponsible when i was younger. i had my dad to tell me that.lol.

anyways. i have a friend who sold his truck to get a new motor for a race to keep up in the point standings.

tayyo789
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
no money, and no women...meh

Tommy Warren
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
sprained both wrists trying to wheelie while standing on the seat and went to work on monday to run a jackhammer for 6.5 hours......somehow I was upset with my job and not the quad:D

dehner47
04-22-2010, 08:24 AM
-lost more realationships then i care to count.
-broke more bones then i like to think about.
-been in wheel chairs for over a year and a half.
-high school education, proms, dates, parties, friends, ect.
-jobs, buisness relationships, $$$$$, spending the $$$$ i could of been making and missed out on.
-sleep!!!!
-ect ect ect

i been at this quad game for a longtime. really since day one. and if you love something as much as i love this sport (mx/sx in general) then you are willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING to acheive your goal. but sometimes things dont work out the way they were planned. (refer to line 2+3)

but we all should be listing the things we have gained in this game we call quad racing.

-arthritis
-hospital bills
-credit card bills
-running tabs at bike shops for parts and services
-lack of sleep
-busted knuckles
-pissed of GF cause i'm spending all our $$$
-throat horsed from yelling at my quad cause it broke
-new sheet rock in garage cause i have punched, kicked, thrown something at it. constantly. (if you ever worked in garage with me, youd agree)

but it was all worth it!!!!

:devil: :devil:

reconmaster
04-22-2010, 09:31 AM
I have slept in my truck before and after injury at races...i put myself in super *** debt never doing that again..got the bike together 2 hrs before leaving for unadilla (20hr drive) i have possibly skipped team canada jr nationall w/c ball tryouts for redbud i have raced without being able to shift i think i could come up with more

ngates788
04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
x 20 by now with the whole girlfriend ordeals.

Raptorchick
04-22-2010, 02:12 PM
x 20 by now with the whole girlfriend ordeals.

Sounds like you guys need to start dating girls who love to race/ride as much as you do! LOL :D

Pipeless416
04-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Raptorchick
Sounds like you guys need to start dating girls who love to race/ride as much as you do! LOL :D

i finally found one that just does this :rolleyes: . she wants a quad someday though :devil:. i figured she's a keeper because i've been on this car modding kick lately and she agreed that a $3000 ford 9" rear end was the best bet for me.

fastredrider44
04-22-2010, 02:27 PM

No such thing around here. They'll tell you they like to ride... That means creek riding on a Utility, which is fine, but not for me. Then once you start dating, you realize that they lied and hate fourwheelers and just want to argue about them.:mad:

quad2xtreme
04-22-2010, 03:03 PM
sacrifice weekend time to score or be a flagger...both quad and mx races 3-4 weekends a year.

Donated a fair chunk of change to injured riders I don't even know...

Try to help Dan Harris at BPG when I can when he has a big event going on. Planning to help with Dream Camp this year.

Buying subscriptions to quad magazines so non-riders are subjected to them at my doctor office and dentist's office. I actually think the rags should have a promotion where you buy a subscription and then gift one to a business for a really cheap price.

Donating money to AMA/ATVA and Blue Ribbon Coalition.

Writing at least 12 letters a year to Congress members for anything dealing with this sport or public riding.

Directly buying from manufacturers or resellers who support the sport instead of going with the cheapest price. For example, stopped buying from Service Honda this year.

JR3
04-24-2010, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
-lost more realationships then i care to count.
-broke more bones then i like to think about.
-been in wheel chairs for over a year and a half.
-high school education, proms, dates, parties, friends, ect.
-jobs, buisness relationships, $$$$$, spending the $$$$ i could of been making and missed out on.
-sleep!!!!
-ect ect ect

i been at this quad game for a longtime. really since day one. and if you love something as much as i love this sport (mx/sx in general) then you are willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING to acheive your goal. but sometimes things dont work out the way they were planned. (refer to line 2+3)

but we all should be listing the things we have gained in this game we call quad racing.

-arthritis
-hospital bills
-credit card bills
-running tabs at bike shops for parts and services
-lack of sleep
-busted knuckles
-pissed of GF cause i'm spending all our $$$
-throat horsed from yelling at my quad cause it broke
-new sheet rock in garage cause i have punched, kicked, thrown something at it. constantly. (if you ever worked in garage with me, youd agree)

but it was all worth it!!!!

:devil: :devil:

also gained good friends nigga. and yea ive seen the sheet rock destruction first hand its not ur quads faul ur a idiot haha. i feel like **** after atco last night whole diffrent world on a bike. this thread actually makes me feel normal i didnt think there was this many people like me haha

buck440
04-25-2010, 08:59 AM
bad news is my cell phone got shut off but good news is i got new renthal sprokets and r3 chain:macho

MX MaNiAc 06
04-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Want to be my life mate? :D

Me and my girl got into it the other day cuz i was telling her how i have bad hip arthritis and im gonna need a hip replacement at some point. She said im stupid for still riding and i should quit if i want to have a functional body when im 30 years old.

I must say she had some good points! But ehh, i love motocross too much!

wckedclownz69
04-26-2010, 08:12 AM
im gonna say soon to be a vege if i hit my head to hard again..im pretty slow in the head and i give up getting booty to work on the quad...basically riding is my life..

dehner47
04-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Want to be my life mate? :D

Me and my girl got into it the other day cuz i was telling her how i have bad hip arthritis and im gonna need a hip replacement at some point. She said im stupid for still riding and i should quit if i want to have a functional body when im 30 years old.

dude trust me, bad hips will never hold you back from riding/racing. hell, ive needed my hips replace since i was 19yrs old. now 30. any DR will tell you to hold off as long as you can to replace them. hips need to be replaced every 10-15yrs in someone who lives an active lifestyle. so the longer you wait, the less hip replacements you will require. when i was 19 i shattered both hips, broke both balls off femur that were driven threw my pelvic bones and shattered everything in its way. along with a whole bunch of other broken bones. yes arthritis sucks real bad in the hips, but trust me, hold off as long as you can bro. trust me.