PDA

View Full Version : quick jetting question

nastynotchback1
04-20-2010, 02:10 PM
just got the new motor on and dialed in the main.runs great and it's pretty fast but got 1 issue.sometimes but not always when you hit the gas from idle to full throttle it will bog for about a second and the take off.only does this with me on it and not my son.Would that be pilot or needle?

04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Sound like you may be heavy for the rear torque spring. But I may be wrong. Its trying to pull alot more weight with the settings of your sons weight. JMO

Ride1Rob
04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't think it's just the cvt's because Jams bike does it as well. Your air/fuel screw can get alot of it out as well as your needle position.

nastynotchback1
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
I guess it could be the cvt with my 190pds on it lol.i will play with the fuel screw alittle.thanks

selbygirl
04-20-2010, 03:03 PM
it does it sometimes like your loseing your powerband check your intake and flip your reeds and check for chips and cracks in your reeds seeya tommy

04-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Trai if your sons on it, and it don't do it. Really sounds like the quad is launching good with less weight meaning with smaller kid. The rpms are up on the pipe for the whole shot with you on it, it hits its rpm till launch then it drops of the pipe. Meaning it won't take off with you at the same rpms as your son so it takes a minute to get on the power curve of the pipe then picks up. I maybe wrong but sure sounds like what's going on to me but again JMO!!!

nastynotchback1
04-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Trai if your sons on it, and it don't do it. Really sounds like the quad is launching good with less weight meaning with smaller kid. The rpms are up on the pipe for the whole shot with you on it, it hits its rpm till launch then it drops of the pipe. Meaning it won't take off with you at the same rpms as your son so it takes a minute to get on the power curve of the pipe then picks up. I maybe wrong but sure sounds like what's going on to me but again JMO!!!

Thats sounds right.if i hold the brake and bring it up in rpms it dose not do it.it just tries to throw me off then lol