PDA

View Full Version : Ballance mx

ml450r
04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I pulled both holeshots on the canam in plus 30 this weekend. I took a 1-2. They were watering the track and I slid through the corner after finish line, couldn't hit the double. I stayed close enough to challenge at the end, but too little to late...

Here is a video of moto 1. I am 4-5 to inside of box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQRxtc2-Aw&feature=player_embedded

moto 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15XQXtZBUY8

Check out the start on my Honda. I had over half abike before i got into third.
This was moto 2 of open A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iWambS2Kz8

I finished 1st in +25 and open A

LTMFB
04-20-2010, 06:07 PM
VERY Cool! Man you were hucking that thing...riding great!

blaster99
04-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey great job this weekend! It was nice meeting you.

florentino
04-20-2010, 10:27 PM
yes you are a good rider. and you did real good. i see you raced honda and can am which one do you like more. and what bike breacks the most pros and cons .. i had honda and ds but all stock. i can see that big jump some riders did not clear ouch.
my race yamaha fail and i race the stock ds and won too got 2 holeshots. it was a fair race stock ds vs stock yamaha with a pipe and cam mod and the kid is half my age. i notice the tracks you guys run are smooth. cause we share the track with the dirt bikes. i can tell you that the honda sounds real fast.

ml450r
04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks, ltmfb. That big jump was made really well, fun jump.

Nice meeting you to, you had some good finishes yourself. Good luck at your other series.

My Honda is bulletproof. It is an 04 I bought new. I think it is one of the best bikes available, you just have to build it up with aftermarket parts. It is on it's third frame(due to breaking), fourth crank( new one every 25 hours maintnence, not failing), I also replaced one of the case halves because the main bearing didn't fit in it tight anymore. The bike only has 92 hours on the hour meter that I installed when I bought the bike.

The DS has it's issues, if you can keep the engine cool, you can keep it running. I only race 4-5 laps, engine should be fine.

Every bike breaks frames. I installed a walsh gusset kit on my honda when I got it, it was broke in 3 places with 24 hours on the hour meter. It had PEP shocks and walsh components since it was new. There are a few differnent choices on stiffening the frame. They are not perfect yet, but they are great bikes. Very light.

You need a -1/2 swingarm, stock mx arms, 50hp with 36tq, some good shocks, a stabilizer and this thing will win races if your capable....

On another note, you said our tracks are smooth. My camera must not of done that track justice. That is the roughest track I have rode since Ballance last year. I race with the dirt bikes locally, the ruts they leave are nothing compared to the accelerating and braking bumps found at ATV nationals.

florentino
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
On another note, you said our tracks are smooth. My camera must not of done that track justice. That is the roughest track I have rode since Ballance last year. I race with the dirt bikes locally, the ruts they leave are nothing compared to the accelerating and braking bumps found at ATV nationals.

out here in nor cal cmc series they do like 20 or more motos on dirt bikes so yes that look real smooth. most of the time at the atv races more then one guy will get stuck on a big rut.

how are your lap times honda vs can am.

ml450r
04-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Averages within .5 seconds of Honda. The track changes so much between motos, hard to compare.

HOBS DS450
04-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Nice job!

I agree with the camera does not show the tracks condition well at all. I race the ITP series and I can tell you this. The track is always like three different tracks for me as the day goes on.

The ruts can be headaches or blessings IMO. I've gotten suck or passed people that got suck. I chalk it up as part of racing.

Again, congrats on a nice weekend and congrats to everyone else that raced!

ltr311
04-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Damn lookin pretty good bro. You and that ktm out front were really huckin those big jumps. Both bikes looked to be pullin hard. Congrats. Let me know if you wanna trade that can am for my ktm. LOL

blaster99
04-22-2010, 08:07 PM
What happened to the KTM? Don't like it no more?

ltr311
04-22-2010, 08:10 PM
No I love it. I just miss my can am also. LOL

blaster99
04-23-2010, 07:04 AM
haha that's understandable, they are awesome quads. I see your DS at the New England races. Still looks the same as when you built it.

ltr311
04-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Running the same numbers and all huh? Thats cool. He built the motor so it should be pulling hard now.

blaster99
04-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Well I will see it today and tomorrow at the first new England race. And he probably got it done at BCS, so yeah, It hauls lol.