PDA

View Full Version : Brandon's Raptor

mxdad423
04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, we just finished my son's Raptor a couple of weeks ago so I thought I would post a few pics. Here it is.

Kevin Smitley

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2010RaptorandKasea004.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2010RaptorandKasea005.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2010RaptorandKasea006.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2010RaptorandKasea014.jpg

john willhoite
04-20-2010, 10:39 AM
very nice!

what hubs are you using?

mxdad423
04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
I have the Lone Star hubs all the way around including the rotor and sprocket hub. Really nice stuff.

Kevin Smitley

hwf-racing
04-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Very nice build... I like the JB mods ? Did you do any engine mods? Again, really nice build!!!! Derek

etondaddy
04-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I really can't say anything sarcastic......that frickin thing is sweet, you and them dam hubs we got dam near 12 g's in the 300 and all he talks about is getting Lonestar hubs..........lol.

Mike Kozura

wvspeedfreak
04-20-2010, 06:53 PM
That looks great Kevin.Nice job!!

mxdad423
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by hwf-racing
Very nice build... I like the JB mods ? Did you do any engine mods? Again, really nice build!!!! Derek

Thanks, No the engine is still stock, only power mods we did was the GYTR full exhaust, Gytr filter, and jet kit. This is his first year on the big quad so I just left the engine alone, this is his learning year. The engine will be next winters project.

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
04-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
I really can't say anything sarcastic......that frickin thing is sweet, you and them dam hubs we got dam near 12 g's in the 300 and all he talks about is getting Lonestar hubs..........lol.

Mike Kozura

Thanks Mike, Brandon picked out all the colors and graphics his self, no big surprise on the colors, he's really stuck on the red and black. I know it won't be long and you'll be calling up Lonestar, you know it's true, your a sucker just like me, can't tell them no.....LOL

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
That looks great Kevin.Nice job!!

Thanks Jason, but I think I know somebody else that has a SWEET looking Raptor to, HMMMMM wonder who that is? :D :D :D

Kevin Smitley

quadracer707
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by mxdad423
Thanks, No the engine is still stock, only power mods we did was the GYTR full exhaust, Gytr filter, and jet kit. This is his first year on the big quad so I just left the engine alone, this is his learning year. The engine will be next winters project.

Kevin Smitley

I agree 100% we did a nice suspension, left the engine mostly alone opened up some ports & cleaned it up. This is Colts real 1st big quad & agree learning year, as he progresess so will the engine. Good thing is my older son went to school for this engine building & looking foward to see how he did & get this baby back together so I can take the boys out racing,

Ken

mxdad423
04-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Yea I always said you can have all the engine you want but it the suspension can't handle the track the engine won't do you any good. The Raptor has alot of good power stock, just adding a good exhaust really open's it up, so it has plenty of power to go out and get some great learning laps.

Kevin Smitley

leager-n-ky
04-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Yea I always said you can have all the engine you want but it the suspension can't handle the track the engine won't do you any good. The Raptor has alot of good power stock, just adding a good exhaust really open's it up, so it has plenty of power to go out and get some great learning laps.

Kevin Smitley

X2... I have felt this way for years, if i feel they are using every bit of power the motor has, then we will work on the motor. Suspension is where it is, for MX .

riding4fun
04-29-2010, 05:29 AM
Nice Kevin. I bet Brandon doesn't even want to ride the Mini now.

wvspeedfreak
04-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks Jason, but I think I know somebody else that has a SWEET looking Raptor to, HMMMMM wonder who that is? :D :D :D

Kevin Smitley

USED to have one.We sold everything and got out of it.
I may have to make it up to High Point to see you guys again sometime.

mxdad423
04-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by riding4fun
Nice Kevin. I bet Brandon doesn't even want to ride the Mini now.

Thanks Man, Brandon had alot to do with the way it come out though. Believe it or not he still likes the mini to, but he said he definatley likes the Raptor better. I ask him if he was going to be upset at the end of the year since this was his last year on the 90 and he said No he's ready to move on, then he said " But can we keep the 90 anyway " of course my answer was "NO" it got to go to pay for the next one, LOL......

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
04-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
USED to have one.We sold everything and got out of it.
I may have to make it up to High Point to see you guys again sometime.

Oh wow, I didnt see that one coming, that was a H*ll of a nice machine. Yea that would be cool if you make it up this way, Be nice to BS some more.....LOL

Kevin Smitley

QuadJunkies
05-02-2010, 09:07 PM
looks good! I agree on the suspension 100% .
He will have it down in no time and before you know it he will be asking for more power . :cool:
Enjoy !

partke
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Where did you get your graphics package?

mxdad423
07-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
looks good! I agree on the suspension 100% .
He will have it down in no time and before you know it he will be asking for more power . :cool:
Enjoy !

Thanks....Boy did you hit the nail on the head, He has raced it 8 times now, and now he is looking for more motor, they just learn so quick and I don't think we ever give them enough credit. Now I have to decide witch way to go with the motor.

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by partke
Where did you get your graphics package?

Ernie at Final Touch Restyling, He does all of our grapics and such. You just can't beat the guy, his customer service is top notch, prices are good and the quality of everything I have ever got from him in the last 4 or 5 years is 1st class. Give him a call one day, tell him what you want, normally by that night he shoots you a proof, you ok it and within normally 3 days it's on your door step. Really AWSOME guy to, he always is there to help.

Kevin Smitley