PDA

View Full Version : G-Force axle......I can't figure this thing out!

IQRaceworks
04-19-2010, 07:52 PM
I picked up an 05 YFZ 450 and it's got a G-Force axle in it. The kid I bought it from only had it for about 8 months after he bought it from the original owner (who did the mods).....and I think the kid just rode it, didn't do any maintenance on it at all. The only thing that was keeping the axle in the bike was the brake rotor. The nut on the G-force is completely loose and wobbling around, and the brake rotor is really dished...the the pressure from and axle wanting to come out actually cupped it.

So now I'm trying to find some info on these axles, and I can't seem to find anything on them...except that Rockymountain sells them. How is the lock nut supposed to work on the axle? I pulled the the clip off of the axle so I could slide the nut out of the way so I could see what was going on. It looks like there is some kind of threaded insert in the nut, but no threads on the axle.

Can someone give me some info, pics, advice on how so see if this thing is really screwed up...or I'm just doing something wrong? There are no threads on the axle for the nut to tighten to??

Thanks

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/iqraceworks/IMG_0635.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/iqraceworks/IMG_0636.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/iqraceworks/IMG_0637.jpg

hendershot106
04-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Thats odd. All the yfz axles i have. And all the ones i have worked on Dont look anything like that.... Did they take it out of a honda ??? a honda is smooth like than....a YFZ/R has threads and no ring groove..... most all hondas are smooth with a ring groove

quadrider2112
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
The G force axle is made that way. The sleeve with the threads on it has a C clip inside it that goes in the groove on the axle and then the nut tightens from there. If you clip isnt broke just loosen the nut off the sleeve and slide it onto the groove then tighten the nut and lock it. I have a friend with the same axle i will ask him to make sure that is right.

G force has that setup and i dont know why. Their axles are super tough but the nut pretty much sucks.

Ill get pic of my friends and post it later.

hendershot106
04-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I wouldnt trust that setup. Get a Nice stock replacement oem used or a lonestar.

quadrider2112
04-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Cant get the pics up they are over 20000 bytes it say and im know computer guy. But you have all the parts. Just loosen the nut all the way, slide the sleeve and nut on, replace clip and tighten the nut. The nut setup sucks. they back off easy and often just get it tight and tape the hell out of it with black tape. wrap the tape in the direction to keep it from coming off.

Soon as possible get a different axle. Or maybe different nut but dont know if you can get a jacked up setup like that newhere but Gforce.

Pack
04-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Just bend it and get you a new one with the lifetime warranty.