PDA

View Full Version : carb leaking

monkeydude36020
04-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Theres a nipple on the bottom of the carb right by the bowl thats leaking gas. Theres no hose on it or around it but is there something suposed to be there? I never remembered anything being there before. It only leaks when the quad isnt running... Start it and it stops leaking. And it runs fine. Is something wrong? Am I just missing a hose?

bkelley
04-19-2010, 11:46 PM
That is the drain for the carb. If you open the screw right next to it, you'll manually drain the bowl. Normally there is a hose connected to it that runs down and through the swing arm. The overflow also drains out of the same hole, so either your float is too high, being held open by dirt, or the drain screw is loose. Check and see if you can tighten the screw any.

TYTE440
04-20-2010, 09:17 AM
My carb was doing the same thing, my buddy is rebuilding it right now so i will see if it still does it after he is done. I think the hose that was on it fell off so i never noticed til now.

TYTE440
04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
got my ex back from my buddy and the little nipple hole closest to the choke lever was leaking gas when not running. i just took the carb off and had him rebuild it and it still leaks unless i shut the fuel off? :confused:

..... Im thinking the floats needs to be adjusted so they shut the fuel off?........

CarGuy7a
04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
The floats cannot be adjusted in these carbs. They are molded plastic. I would check the needle seat. Sometimes that little rubber cone on the end of it will come off and not let the fuel shut off when the bowl fills up.

Or it may have completely fallen out of the slot in the float (unlikely but weird stuff can happen).

If he rebuilt it correctly and knew what to look for it shouldn't be leaking anymore unless you have a part or something missing. I would do it myself. All you have to do is take the bowl off and check the needle seat and float out. It's easier just to remove the whole carb.

TYTE440
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Ok thanks! I appreciate it, i will pull it off again tomorrow and look at it myself.