PDA

View Full Version : exhaust help

mxpimp2000
04-18-2010, 08:03 PM
i just raced my first national this weekend at ballance and tech told me my exhaust was TOO loud. i have a full system sparks and is freshly repacked. the tech told me i needed to repack it but that isnt the case.

what can i do to pass tech inspection without gettn rid of my sparks

ldjbuff
04-18-2010, 08:13 PM
That's the issue. Sparks pipe wont meet any sound checks.

That's why Dasa makes a quiet core and Jardine came out with the Jardine 99.

If they are real strict on sound, sell your sparks

mxpimp2000
04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
i been thinkin bout a motoworks exhaust or DRD

ldjbuff
04-19-2010, 08:48 AM
DRD is a good system

florentino
04-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
i just raced my first national this weekend at ballance and tech told me my exhaust was TOO loud. i have a full system sparks and is freshly repacked. the tech told me i needed to repack it but that isnt the case.

what can i do to pass tech inspection without gettn rid of my sparks

thats easy steel wool that one to do the dishes it works.
you have to put that inside and have a mesh spark arrester.
you may have to rejet.
i have the gytr full exaust at 108 decibels i won moto 1 and they kick me out so i put the steel wool. and got 101. they let me go.
theres a lot of tricks to cheat those sound checks.
the other one is to put a extencion at the end of your exaust 4 inches long and send to sound some where else.. i seen that
and you can put a rag over you intake at the time of the sound check. they also say to sit on the bike helps

mxpimp2000
04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
i found sparks has a quiet core but u gotta take the core out and pop rivet it inside the core up close to the tip. idk how much that would help but maybe some. they didnt put a DB meter on my exhaust he just made a big deal out of it sayin it was too loud and get something done to it, i rode my bike thru but i run a open air box with fci intake so that prb wouldnt work with the rag deal

florentino
04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
i found sparks has a quiet core but u gotta take the core out and pop rivet it inside the core up close to the tip. idk how much that would help but maybe some. they didnt put a DB meter on my exhaust he just made a big deal out of it sayin it was too loud and get something done to it, i rode my bike thru but i run a open air box with fci intake so that prb wouldnt work with the rag deal

out here at the parks you have to be under 94 and 99 and the races. and you have to do the sound check before they let you in
.so the rag thing is only for the sound check. i may take some pics of the steel wool as there is too many types.