PDA

View Full Version : Kfx 700

goochy
01-29-2003, 06:38 AM
I do not race, do not want to race, and I do not moto cross.... but i do love trail riding in tight woods, like GNCC wood races. Big hill climbs, and fire roads. Just sold Raptor, I love the power, mine was far from stock, it was soooo powerful. I miss the power of the 660cc, I also would love to find a quad with massive power so I could leave the stock pipe on it. We are loosing riding areas because of LOUD pipes. The KFX looks really fast, the weight I do not like (500lbs), the auto tranny does not bother me, I just want a POWERFUL trail quad, not a race quad. If the raptor would have not broke all the time I would still own it. If Honda would atleast give us some hope, or it atleast rumors.... I would wait. I just like BIG bore engines............ what do you trail riders think of the KFX????? I think it would keep up with any quad out there today, must put shocks on the KFx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DESDAK4
01-29-2003, 07:25 AM
It kinda sounds like a good quad for what you are talking about doing. I am watching for them to come out so I can check it out and maybe replace the wifes trailblazer with it.

Jay
USAF

01-29-2003, 11:01 AM
yea maybe trail riding or xc man, but for racing i would not suggest it it is too luggy and huge

01-29-2003, 11:03 AM
sounds like it would be a good quad for ya, wait until u see how reliable it is and then decide:cool: goodluck

goochy
01-29-2003, 11:37 AM
I still want to "play race", and ride hard, I just want a big engine. That 700 looks so bad, it looks like it will pull your arms off. If Honda does not release a sport quad soon, I'll get the 700, or will get the KFX 400 and put a 500 cc big bore kit in it. I do not care about the 450cc limit in racing.

upstate rider
01-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Looks likes the 700 should be the ticket for what you want , One of my friends has a 650 and loves it.

sweet300ex
01-30-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by goochy
If Honda does not release a sport quad soon, I'll get the 700, or will get the KFX 400 and put a 500 cc big bore kit in it. I do not care about the 450cc limit in racing.

i have rode with someone with a full blown Z400 with a 500 big bore and that thing flys and stands straight up in all gears

goochy
01-30-2003, 10:03 AM
i just hate to buy new quad then spend $1500 ++ on the engine. Honda needs to wake up and make a 450 cc and a 650 cc or bigger. Most people are weekend riders and do not care about the 450 cc limit.. I think Kawasaki is going to sell alot of these. I also think that this beast is going to surprize alot of racers in the tight woods. If I could ride a Raptor fast, I know I could ride the v 700 faster. Stock Raptors suck, I had a motor kit, made it wider ft/rear, shocks, and it was still a beast to ride. I will atleast go sit on one and test ride it. It pulls so hard, 700 v twin !!!!!! yes. I really want to ride red again, but how long can a guy wait!!!!!! PS.. The new cr 250 dirt bike, just broke my wrist last Sat, so I'm down and out for 4 weeks, this sucks.........

spincr4hire
01-30-2003, 10:46 AM
I like the orange...but an orange KFX400 would look even sweeter!