PDA

View Full Version : anybody run these nerf bars?

feuerstack411
04-18-2010, 07:17 PM
https://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=video/Store_Nerf_Bars_2010.htm

anybody have those? look interesting

Canadian144
04-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Those look pretty sick! I'd love to try a pair ou

Tommy Warren
04-18-2010, 08:29 PM
those are a pretty new design I doubt many people have them yet but I imagine they would work good at decreasing vibrations and increasing endurance....they would be worth a try if you got the coin.....let us know how they work out

meankfx
04-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Those look like they would work great for freestyle.

Pappy
04-18-2010, 09:30 PM
I havent heard of any complaints, just positive feedback from those I know running them.

Im sure they are pricey, but atleast with Houser you get a solid product

quad2xtreme
04-19-2010, 07:02 AM
I want them but wanted to hear more from 6'3"+ riders. I really like pegs that are as low as possible (I already look like I am riding a kid's quad with my knees up so high). I am not sure if the benefits of this design outweigh the added height.

Agree with Pappy, Houser makes great stuff across the board that is worth any small premium you pay for the added quality.

JIM GRACE
04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
My buddy just got them for his yfz450r
and he said besides jumping, they really
helped in the whoops.

Amazing design when you see them in person

ZBlaster
04-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Talked to Harold Goodman about them at River Ranch and he absolutely loves them, definitely look top quality.

I have heard for the 04-05 Honda if running a 20"-21" rear having problems with the heelguards hitting the tire.

Fralick #81
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
I have a set for my YFZ450R and love them. The qualtiy and fit and finish is exclent. They were incredibly easy to install and very well built. I think these are the best nerf bars on the market right now and that is without the added bonus of the pro bounce peg. The pegs are great as well alough as mentioned they do sit a little high. I dont have much ride time on them yet but from what I do have they seem to do what they are suposed to. I know some people have mentioned that they think i would make it hard to shift and brake when going through rough sections but I have not noticed that problem. Some people are also unaware that they are adjustable to allow the peg to move more or less by just tighting down a bolt. I have mine tightned down bout half way right now and dont even notice them move while im riding except for on hard landings. Onw thing I have noticed is that my back is not as sore any more after a few hours of riding which I think is because the pegs reduce alot of force sent though your legs and back. I would buy them again in a seccond even at the $400 dollar price tag. If you would like to know anything else about them just ask.
Jon

feuerstack411
04-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I havent heard of any complaints, just positive feedback from those I know running them.

Im sure they are pricey, but atleast with Houser you get a solid product

I thought they were going to be pricey too, but I'd say $400 is a pretty fair price.

krt400ex
04-19-2010, 01:51 PM
what bars? i only saw that smokin blonde there :p

lol honestly i'd buy them. houser makes some of the best a arms on the market, and they have really high quality product. i'd assume the same from their nerfs.

krt400ex
04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
damn they dont make em for the ktm yet