PDA

View Full Version : starter

flyboy62
04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
its an 07ER. the starter clutch is shot. I looked up the oem stuff but wasn't sure of what all exactly I need. Can u help identify the parts/#'s so I can order what I need? thanx

DnB_racing
04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
look at honda parts nation starter clutch the parts are#4,5,7,8,16 and the gasket you can get the actual part numbers by checking this, it will cost around 200 to replace everything but you can check some of the parts with a mic to see if you can reuse but you better off just doing it once

DnB_racing
04-19-2010, 07:50 AM
also while you have it apart do the clutch plate modification and put in some heavy duty clutch springs this is a link that might help - http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/Clutch_mod.htm

sunco
04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
i searched and honda had a product update. i ck'd our vin #. Our quad is on the list, just don't know if the guy we bought it from had it done. gonna call honda dealer in the am to see if we can still have it done. i'll ck into ur info shortly. thanx for the reply.

sunco
04-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Not the clutch clutch - the little clutch stuff in the starter motor. The quad just whines & wouldn't kick over - u can bump start it & it runs find.:D Sorry for the confusion