PDA

View Full Version : where all to lube/grease?

big_poppa49
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Where all on the 400ex do you need to lube or grease? Please be specific on how to lube the area and what to use.

I recently greased the bushing for the steering stem and now it feels alot smoother, was this a good idea?

I know you supposed to grease the carrier, but what else? Thnx in adv.

born2ride14
04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Take the pivot bolt out every 10 rides or so and lube it up, there is also a thread on how to put a grease zerk on the bolt

big_poppa49
04-18-2010, 06:41 PM
whats a pivot bolt?

also, can you put grase zerks on stock a-arms?

honda400ex2003
04-18-2010, 06:42 PM
I wd 40 all of the moving parts like the steering stem, arms, and such. the bearings in the carrier you can pack some into once in a while if you take it apart also. There is a good writeup in that also. Otherwise there are no grease fittings on hondas to have to actually grease. so you should be good with just some wd around carrier outsides so it moves, the foot brake can use some, the insides of the shocks so they dont squeek also. steve

slightlybent47
04-18-2010, 06:57 PM
I use a spray silicone after I wash it and I cover the bike 100% and wipe of the excess and that’s it. The silicone will make the plastic shine like new and the dirt won’t stick to it as much witch makes it easer to wash. And the silicone will penetrate the nuts and bolts and will keep them lubed.