PDA

View Full Version : This sucks!

Trxracr
04-16-2010, 05:48 PM
3 weeks ago i crashed my yfz and broke my back i aint paralyzed or nuttin just bored outta my mind sittin at home for the next 8-12 months any ideas on how to stay occupied?

CJM
04-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Trxracr
3 weeks ago i crashed my yfz and broke my back i aint paralyzed or nuttin just bored outta my mind sittin at home for the next 8-12 months any ideas on how to stay occupied?

Play world of warcraft?

kfx400rider03
04-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Play world of warcraft?

please dont do that....
lol
build model cars?
make your own model cars.
thats what my dad did last year when he broke his back

Trxracr
04-16-2010, 05:55 PM
haha never played that all i gots is a PS2 im gettin sick of Medal Of Honor iv been playin that like crazy.......i wish i could ride.....what woulda been my first race this year is comin up next weekend :ermm:

backwoodsracer
04-16-2010, 05:56 PM

MOW2 ill kick your *** all day if you add me but, its addicting , Your *** needs too be gratefull your alive? maybe some church would help out with sundays and wednesday nights...

Trxracr
04-16-2010, 06:01 PM
lol i am grateful im alive!!....cuz iaccording to the docs i only had a 5% chance of bein able to walk so my gaurdian angel was with me for sure!!! lol im homebound for 3 months but after that church forsure!

CJM
04-16-2010, 06:01 PM
I was kidding about wow.

I would work on building models, I used to do it all the time and found it relaxing.

kfx400rider03
04-16-2010, 06:19 PM
models are fun even making sweet paint jobs on the too

Canadian144
04-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Maybe get into R/C cars? I dunno haha.

Pick up ATV vs MX reflex.

honda300EXtreme
04-16-2010, 09:08 PM
sorry to hear that.

every time ive met someone with a broken back they usually have no problems keeping occupied. usually the pain killers will do the trick. maybe ask for "the good stuff" and buy a lava lamp. :p

krt400ex
04-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
sorry to hear that.

every time ive met someone with a broken back they usually have no problems keeping occupied. usually the pain killers will do the trick. maybe ask for "the good stuff" and buy a lava lamp. :p

lmao

protraxrptr17
04-18-2010, 08:19 AM
I've had a broke back and had the good pain killers. BE CAREFUL with that stuff. You will get hooked, and nobody tells you about the side effects. Eat plenty of raisin bran. Don't ask why, just do it. :eek2:

Trxracr
04-18-2010, 04:13 PM
haha raisin bran! the docs told me that too, you no why!! yea the docs wanna try to get me off "the good stuff" but rite now tylenol dont cut it you guys should see the x-rays theyre pretty nasty i have two 10inch rods and 12 screws in my back im VERY lucky to be walking!! i just cant wait to ride again im kinda bummed though im pretty sure i wont be able to mx race anymore but owell

buck440
04-18-2010, 04:14 PM
whistle:confused:

KFX450Rrider490
04-18-2010, 04:24 PM
wow its good to hear that you ok after something like that but if i was in you place id dump one of the quads and build up a hpi baja 5t youll have fun with that!!

ZeroLogic
04-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Can you walk around? Or use your upper body? Buy a low pound compound or recurve bow maybe? :confused: Models are an good one. Maybe online schooling? Read?

protraxrptr17
04-21-2010, 08:50 AM
haha raisin bran! the docs told me that too, you no why!! yea the docs wanna try to get me off "the good stuff" but rite now tylenol dont cut it you guys should see the x-rays theyre pretty nasty i have two 10inch rods and 12 screws in my back im VERY lucky to be walking!! i just cant wait to ride again im kinda bummed though im pretty sure i wont be able to mx race anymore but owell

Ohhh! I didn't break mine that bad. Man I'm sorry to hear you can't race no more. I had compression fractures. All my muscles wore torn. That was the worst part for me. It hurts right now and it happened 6 years ago.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-23-2010, 06:07 PM

Oh wow! It's very rare for someone to put a rod in your back for a spinal fracture. That's more common with Scoliosis. It's common to go in and surgically fix the processes of the spine, but ive never heard of them putting rods in.

Do they have you wearing a shell-like brace for posture?

J.Brown121
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
When my dad messed his back up he watched a lot of westerns and read a lot of books. This was about a year ago and he's still doesn't sleep through the night b/c he woke up in the middle of the night to take his meds for so long. His back doesn't hurt anymore but he can't play golf anymore, which was his one thing that he loved to do:(

SRH
04-23-2010, 08:37 PM
lol i am grateful im alive!!....cuz iaccording to the docs i only had a 5% chance of bein able to walk so my gaurdian angel was with me for sure!!! lol im homebound for 3 months but after that church forsure!

i broke mine not so lucky, trust me dont waste your time with that church stuff lol

dont rush riding took forever for my back not to hurt riding

tbrackman84
04-23-2010, 08:41 PM
You need an x-box live account, LOL

Trxracr
04-24-2010, 11:15 AM
the rods go kinda like on the back of my spine and the screws go through the rods into the vertebrea for support. i wish i had a scanner i'd post up the x-rays. no theres no shell thing which kinda surprised me cuz i thought there'd be some kind of brace but theres not

SRH
04-24-2010, 03:46 PM
the rods go kinda like on the back of my spine and the screws go through the rods into the vertebrea for support. i wish i had a scanner i'd post up the x-rays. no theres no shell thing which kinda surprised me cuz i thought there'd be some kind of brace but theres not

thos e braces are mor e for a cracked vertabre not a crashed or shattered, i got 2 8 or 10 inch steel rods , makes it a pain to lay down or stand up straight and it hurts when its cold, i broke mine @ my l1 vertabre

MX MaNiAc 06
04-25-2010, 06:26 PM

Those braces are to remind you of good posture for your back. I guess those rods would do that for you? You wouldn't be able to slip anything out with them i guess.

Trxracr
04-27-2010, 11:57 AM
well the physical therapist cleared me to ditch the walker and walk on my own today so im one step closer to riding!!