View Full Version : I need help with some fox shock numbers...

craigmacphee
04-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Quad: 2009 Can Am DS 450 x "MX" version

I have been looking at different shocks for the past year or so for my x "MX". I tried the revalve route with my stock shocks but it still is not right. Today I called Fox to ask them what they had for my DS and they told me the "only" shock they have is for the "XC" version. On just about every Can Am I see in the mags, they have Fox shocks on them so I am kind of left scratching my head. The CSR for Fox was not very helpfull at all. I explained to him I was trying to spend $2000 on their shocks and that I know guys buy them all the time for the DS 450 x MX's, and his only words were, 'Well, I don't know what to tell you." WTF kind of answer is that?

Anyway, I still have my stock 50" a-arms that came with the 50" front end on the stock x MX. Does anyone know what I have to ask for to get the right shocks? Part numbers would be especially helpfull. I am looking for the Podium for the rear and the Float Evols for the back. Thanks for any help in advance. Craig

Racers Dad 37
04-16-2010, 03:02 PM
I would give BCS a call they use Fox on there Race Bikes and get them for lot of other racers

craigmacphee
05-01-2010, 08:19 AM
I gave them a call on tuesday. I was greeted on the phone by a guy that would not refer me to Jason. I requested to speak with him 3 separate times and he demanded that he helped me himself. I have friends from here that have dealt with Jason on motor builds and other parts and I guess I just would have felt comfortable spending $XXX amount of dollars with someone that already came recommended. I guess Jason was busy. I called with an open checkbook and was looking for A-arms and fox shocks. I made it clear I was a buyer and not just looking. Anyway, when all was said and done, the response I got was that it would be $3300 and he could not tell me when the shocks would be in. I asked if he could narrow it down to within a month, 2 months, etc. His response was that it could take up to a year. To me that sounded kinda ridiculous. No other suggestions were provided. They are supposed to be an up and coming Can Am race team. I figured they could at least offer some sort of suggestion. I asked if he had any racer shocks that I could buy because they show Fox as a sponsor on their site. He told me they had some but they had to keep them for themselves. Ok, I saw where this conversation was headed.

2 weeks ago I called BCS asking for some nerf bars. After being put on hold for 6 minutes I pulled the FI attitude and ordered the same a-arms from Rockymountain ATV. With the savings code I had it was $50 cheaper for the same a-arms, free shipping, and was to my door in 2 days. When I was in the process of ordering from RMATV I saw BCS called me back. (They must have caller ID)It was already too late.

BCS customer service is for **** as far as I am concerned. If I knew someone was willing to lay down $3300 for ANYTHING, I would at least try to help them however I could. It sort of goes along with all of the other Can Am dealers I have dealt with. Either too busy, independantly wealthy, or just don't give a crap. I know its not just me because I have a great relationship with my Yamaha and KTM dealers. I am sure the guys they sponsor have a lot better feeling about them than I do but I know what my opinion as an everday consumer is.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions? I have a quad with a brand new Factory built race motor and can't ride it because I keep blowing shock seals on my factory KYB Shocks. No one seems to make quality aftermarket shocks that will fit the DS 450 X MX factory A-arms, and if I go aftermarket A-arms, I can't get the shocks I want. I am just at a loss.

CashCrew
05-02-2010, 03:12 PM
The Motoworks/Can am team run Holz A-arms with fox shocks