PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem after re jet

NW250EX
04-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Newbie carb question here. 1st a little background....08' 250EX with a uni filter, no lid, snorkel removed, stock exhaust with baffle and spark arrestor removed operated below 3000'. I went with the 106 main and the e-clip on the needle in the 4th position. Using the tool provided I seated the fuel mixture screw and backed off 2 1/2 turns according to the Dynojet instructions....
although it never seemed as if it seated all the way and just kept spinning.

Anyways, I buttoned everything back up and proceeded to start her up without incident. It didn't really want to idle all that well, which didn't strike me as unusual due to the fact she's a little cold blooded to begin with. But after a few minutes of trying to get it to idle with no success, it became a crank no start condition.

It was late and I figured that I had flooded it so I went to bed. I tried to start it this morning before work and it's still a crank no start.

So I started thinking back to last night and recall that it was poping quite a bit on decel while I was trying to get it to idle...which would indicate a lean condition....right? Is it possible to turn the fuel adjustment screw in to far? And in turn make my 2 1/2 turns out not enough? I plan on taking the plug out tonight and check it's condition but was just looking for some feedback from those with experience with these carbs.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

J