PDA

View Full Version : Cool barn find!

Dustin_Drews
04-16-2010, 09:02 AM
I have been going back and forth about racing this year until now. Through a bunch of talking to people and networking I found a SWEET R....
It is a Laeger Narrow frame, arms, CR500 link, stem, PEP shocks, aftermarket carrier, rear brake and chain hubs, Stainless steel swinger guard, aluminum skid plate, durablue axle and a few other things on the frame that i am forgeting... ALL BRAND NEW!
Then the motor was built by some mechanic named Tony Kellner? It has a chromed lined cylinder, and a 310 kit everything was gone through the oil plug is still ziped stripped to the head and the sparkplug hole has duck tape over the hole. Never been started!
Adjustable pipe a few stingers.
But I still have to put it togeather it is mostly in pieces but I got it all for 3600.00 The guy I got it from bought it everything and lost interest I think he has a lot of money... He was telling me about his plane that sits 8 people?
Well I be ready for lots of questions. Did I do ok on the deal? I am kinda new to the ATV racing seen but from reading on here I think I did ok I wanted a laeager and I got it! but the guy selling it was rattling off all these names during the sale kinda threw me for a loop!
I will put up some pics as I put it togeather!
God Bless,
Dustin Drews

Scottt89
04-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Nice! My bike is currently in Tony's possession having some motor work done. He was Barry Hawks mechanic as well as the motor builder for quite a few of the PA area pro's.

troybilt
04-16-2010, 09:20 AM
From what I've been told that is one of the best if not the best frame setups... nice find. Post pics of this, even the pieces...

tt racer
04-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Ive dealt with Tony he is an awesome guy hell shoot ya straight too. He is an R master.

250Renvy
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
If it's all new, yeah, that's a find - a steal.

Post pics so everybody else can drool.

1promodfan
04-16-2010, 11:28 AM
I've always heard good things about Tony Kellner. Sounds like you got a good deal.;)

skippy1999
04-16-2010, 11:33 AM
nice find.. tony does ALL my motors.. he has 3 of them down there now.. if you want tony's info, pm me, im sure he will no the history of the quad, and can rebuild the mill if you need it done!

D

TLR-Online
04-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Nice Score. Cant wait to see some pics!

250rPRIDE
04-16-2010, 01:21 PM
bring on the pics man!! nice find..

Rich250RRacer
04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Dustin_Drews
I have been going back and forth about racing this year until now. Through a bunch of talking to people and networking I found a SWEET R....
It is a Laeger Narrow frame, arms, CR500 link, stem, PEP shocks, aftermarket carrier, rear brake and chain hubs, Stainless steel swinger guard, aluminum skid plate, durablue axle and a few other things on the frame that i am forgeting... ALL BRAND NEW!
Then the motor was built by some mechanic named Tony Kellner? It has a chromed lined cylinder, and a 310 kit everything was gone through the oil plug is still ziped stripped to the head and the sparkplug hole has duck tape over the hole. Never been started!
Adjustable pipe a few stingers.
But I still have to put it togeather it is mostly in pieces but I got it all for 3600.00 The guy I got it from bought it everything and lost interest I think he has a lot of money... He was telling me about his plane that sits 8 people?
Well I be ready for lots of questions. Did I do ok on the deal? I am kinda new to the ATV racing seen but from reading on here I think I did ok I wanted a laeager and I got it! but the guy selling it was rattling off all these names during the sale kinda threw me for a loop!
I will put up some pics as I put it togeather!
God Bless,
Dustin Drews

You're screwing with us, right? If this is true, could this be one of Barry's quads?

skippy1999
04-16-2010, 07:43 PM
any plastic come w it? what kind of shocks? tony engraves his..

Dustin_Drews
04-18-2010, 05:38 PM
It does have the shocks engraved they are PEP shocks.
It also has full-bore race cut plastic.
It has a 310 kit in it and the side of the cylinder has B + B engraved on the side of it.
Everything is the real deal on this quad I am lying I will take some pics but I have been really busy I own a small engine repair shop and every one wants there mowers fixed.
I have found some other cool stuff out. It came with a mint 38mm Airstriker carb.

Some questions?

It has a laeger long travel front end but I am not sure how wide it is but it is a narrow frame is there any one that can tell me how wide the arms are with the measurements I give them?
Also are PEP shocks any good? I was told that Mark Baldwin set them up.... I think that is the last name I am not sure? If someone has his number can they PM it to me so I can get them valved for me?
Well the wife is yellin supper is ready.
God bless,
Dustin

jrspawn
04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
The B+B on the cylinder is from Butch Biesecker (B&B enterprise) who is the man when it comes to building some power out those R engines. He used to do ALOT of race engines for up and coming pros over the years. Let me know if you want to get ahold of him.

Thank you
Justin

Originally posted by Dustin_Drews
It does have the shocks engraved they are PEP shocks.
It also has full-bore race cut plastic.
It has a 310 kit in it and the side of the cylinder has B + B engraved on the side of it.
Everything is the real deal on this quad I am lying I will take some pics but I have been really busy I own a small engine repair shop and every one wants there mowers fixed.
I have found some other cool stuff out. It came with a mint 38mm Airstriker carb.

Some questions?

It has a laeger long travel front end but I am not sure how wide it is but it is a narrow frame is there any one that can tell me how wide the arms are with the measurements I give them?
Also are PEP shocks any good? I was told that Mark Baldwin set them up.... I think that is the last name I am not sure? If someone has his number can they PM it to me so I can get them valved for me?
Well the wife is yellin supper is ready.
God bless,
Dustin

Dustin_Drews
04-18-2010, 08:13 PM
I am guessing that is just what was on the cylinder. It has been totally redone and chromed.
Still nice to see where it came from!
God Bless,
Dustin

Honda 250r 001
04-20-2010, 10:22 AM
and you found this in a barn?!?!?!

Nac's22
04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Some people just have all the luck!

rockingkfarms
04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
If that is truly a Kellner bike, you are very lucky. Tony had (has) the 250R figured out for a long time. His knowledge, experience, and choice of aftermarket parts all combine to make a bike that works very well. I've built/raced many bikes, but nothing compares to the Kellner GNCC R I have in my garage.

troybilt
07-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Bump, got any more information on B+B motors? How can I find out the history of this bike?