PDA

View Full Version : Rear Shock

dc01
04-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Whats up guys, I have been a member for a while but not posted much. I have a question, already searched alot about it so don't beat me up to bad. I have been thinking about trading my 400 for a 450r but after reading so many of your posts I have changed my mind. So the 400 is going under the knife. I just bought a set of 450r shocks that have already been revalved and resprung by Jet with Burguard +2+1 arms and a G-Force axle. What would you recommend to do with the back, all I want to do is a little rec riding through the woods and occasionally a mx track. Would I be ok just to revalve the stock 400 rear or should I get the whole work up and rear link?

gojk
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
My Axis with Elka link is awesome, but it was not cheap. If you are on a budget I think I would send the rear to santos for a rebuild, if you have the cash go for the full deal.

slightlybent47
04-16-2010, 09:42 AM
The only deference I can see in my elka rear shock over the stock shock is that it stays flatter in the corners. But on big or small jumps the stock shock did fine and there really is no deference between them, just in the corners. But the 450 shocks I put on the front made a big deference and was a great up grade.