PDA

View Full Version : Hot Stuff.... Awww crap.

redonkulousruntsracing
04-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I got one for you guys. For this season, Dad with the big ol' SUCKER stamp on his fore head, bought the 2010 Answer Racing Mode Rockstar gear for Seth. Well he finally got to ride his Apex on Sunday, for over 3 hours. Yesterday the wife was washing his gear and she showed me his new pants. They have a nice, large burn mark on them from his pipe. They are the type of pants that cover the boot and they zip apart at the knee into shorts. He cant really tuck them into his boots because there is more material in the lower legs so they cover the boots, if you tuck them in, they bunch up bad and are uncomfortable. Any one have any ideas of a fix for this?? I was thinking of making some sort of heat shield for the pipe, or maybe having some leather sewn onto the pants. Who here has had the same problem and how did you fix it. I just hate to see brand new $100 pants with burn hole in them:grr:

sand45
04-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Header rap............auto part store

gistmarrs
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
I ceramic coated my sons pipe. I am still amazed every time he finishes a race, the pipe is about the same temperature as his radiator. It will also help the motor make some extra Hp.

Full Throttle00
04-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Depending on what pipe you're running you may be able to cut a heat shield out of aluminum like, put 2 holes in it that will bolt to right side of engine cases. Should be 2 holes not being used.
Hope this helps

redonkulousruntsracing
04-21-2010, 11:40 AM
I just took his pants to a leather repair shop and they sewed a black leather patch on the inside of the leg. looks like I bought them like that, its all good now:)

Arctic Cat Dad
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Don't feel bad we did the same thing.but even worse. He hates to ride with riding boots. He took his brand new $150 gortex waterproof hunting boots and went out to practice and burnt them up to. So there was $250 bucks burnt up in 1 ride