PDA

View Full Version : neutral not working bike will not start

trx310R#24
04-15-2010, 06:41 AM
my neutral light dont work i have a new battery. it will turn over a little but not all they way its like the motors stuck but its not. i think its something to do with the reverse but it seems to be ok just the N and R lights dont work and the starter will not turn the motor all the way over. :p oh and the starter seems to work cuz it dose turn over a little bit. and whats the deal with the wires to the parking brake? do i have to do something with these wires?

beastlywarrior
04-15-2010, 08:21 AM
maybe your battery is dead and the two wires i think twist togetherif you removed the p brake

trx310R#24
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
maybe your battery is dead and the two wires i think twist togetherif you removed the p brake

i have a new battery like its not even a day old lol and i charged it the lights work off of it...

ahama
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
hey check the wires to the rev lever. check the connection on the wires. clean the connections on the wires to the indictor lights. or it might just be burnt out bulbs

trx310R#24
04-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ahama
hey check the wires to the rev lever. check the connection on the wires. clean the connections on the wires to the indictor lights. or it might just be burnt out bulbs

i think they are just burnt out.. i found out why the motro was not turned over... =p the timing chain tensioner went bad i think... i took it out and it was jammed as short as it can get an would not come out then i got it moving again an put it back in and the chain jumped and now its out of timing again =p i hope the valves didnt get bent.. wht do i set the valves at cuz they are way off... maybe thats why the timing chain is jumping.. but i have a feeling its the tensioner...

but yeah i really need to know what to set the valves at. =p