PDA

View Full Version : Quad wont start

412yfzfanatic
04-15-2010, 06:15 AM
so i rebuilt my quad and i have it all back together i put a new cdi in and cams hi comp piston and a tether kill switch. i had to get rid of the headlights and rewire for the kill switch. now my quad wont start but i know the batter works and i believe i hooked up all the wires right but it wont even turn over. the battery is charged and the tail light is the only thing working! i need some serious help because its a project for school and its due thursday the 22nd

BakerRacing40
04-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Make sure you ground to the case by the starter is bolted down and tight. Start tracing back through the changes you made to the harness. Did you elimanate the key switch ?

412yfzfanatic
04-19-2010, 10:17 AM
its all good i got it figured out. it was my clutch. i bought new clutch components and it has bigger fiber plates for more grab. and i put the smaller plate that goes in the back somewhere in the middle. i put it into neutral and it kicked right over. it started up but then i blew a bolt right of the timing chain tensioner. and i had to ride it for 30 mins to break in the new cams. it was running a little lean i think. at least thats what i was told because it was backfiring. i changed the jets. im running a 168 main and a 48 pilot. i havent started it up yet because i finished it late at night. but i kicked the motor over enough to get fuel to the carb. and then a flame kicked out of the exhaust. dont know why that happened.