PDA

View Full Version : Kasea Dual A Arm Conversion?

fastrnrik
04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
I have been thinking of changing our Kasea over to dual a arm. My son used to love it, but after we got some DRR's, he doesn't want to ride the "old" single arm bike because of the handling. It's a cool bike, so rather than get rid of it or part it out, I figured I'd maybe switch it over to a dual a arm setup so we could get some use out of it. I'm not looking for a new high dollar aftermarket conversion. I was thinking of welding mounts and using a stock DRR or Apex front end, or maybe a used aftermarket frontend? This would give us the better frontend/handling, disc brakes, etc.
Any input would be appreciated.

mini racer #39
04-15-2010, 12:11 AM
If your not planning on racing it...weld away. I would recommend the DRR 44 inch front end and shocks. Not sure how your local races are, it maybe legal that is something you would have to check on. If not it would make an awesome practice bike. Good luck and resurrect the old Kasea!!! :macho

fastrnrik
04-15-2010, 04:36 AM
The only racing it would do would be some open class/outlaw stuff where changing the frontend wouldn't matter. We have the DRR's for our local "stock appearing" series.

etondaddy
04-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
The only racing it would do would be some open class/outlaw stuff where changing the frontend wouldn't matter. We have the DRR's for our local "stock appearing" series.
Get a hold of mxdad423 Kevin Smitley he has a real nice duel a-arm Kasea he going to be selling after this year if you can wait that long.......maybe sooner.

Mike Kozura

mxdad423
04-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks Mike, Yea our's will be for sale at the end of this season, Has absolutley everything done to it, all DC suspension, fox shox all around, national built WRH motor, and I can go on and on. If you are in the market for one at the end of the season let me know, put a kid on it and go racin, everywhere from local races to National it can win.

Keivn Smitley

mxdad423
04-15-2010, 06:00 PM
pic 2

nastynotchback1
04-15-2010, 07:57 PM
just invest in the dc conversion.we run one and it corners like its on rails.

fastrnrik
04-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Can you post a pic of the a arm mount area? I would like to get an idea what's involved for the upper arm mounts. I had the Kasea out next to one of the DRR's today, and it doesn't look like too big of a deal.

mxdad423
04-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Here's the way Dave's (DC) is done, it is all bolt on so it makes it ATVA legal.

Kevin Smitley

dericsdad
04-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Kevin,

You still run a 90cc A/C engine for the nationals?

Cool!!!

nastynotchback1
04-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Mine is different than that.When i get a chance i will post a pic of ours.

mxdad423
04-17-2010, 07:50 AM
yea still running the A/C, seeing the L/C run, didn't see the need to convert, the A/C engine with the right guy building it will build every bit as much as the L/C. The only advantage with the L/C is if you are running long moto's and in MX of course your not on a 90.

Kevin Smitley