PDA

View Full Version : ipod help

bens250ex
04-14-2010, 09:00 AM
im trying to rip music off my ipod and burn it into a cd im having no luck anyone have any guidance?

Scro
04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Did you use Itunes to put the music on it? If you did, you can burn the songs that are in your library to the CD.

ryan243
04-14-2010, 10:23 AM
When I plug my iPod into my computer it automatically syncs the music into iTunes. Then just burn a disc from there

bens250ex
04-14-2010, 11:03 AM
i can't get the music from my ipod to go to the library so i can burn it. it wont let me pull songs off the ipod?:confused:

bens250ex
04-14-2010, 11:15 AM
does anyone know how to get into your ipod music without using itunes?

Scro
04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Are you using the original computer that you registered the ipod on? I've heard that you can only sync the ipod with two computers, and then it won't let you download the songs to any other computer, in order to keep file sharing in check. Just what I've heard though...don't take it to heart.

bens250ex
04-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Are you using the original computer that you registered the ipod on? I've heard that you can only sync the ipod with two computers, and then it won't let you download the songs to any other computer, in order to keep file sharing in check. Just what I've heard though...don't take it to heart.

i did't think about that i did sync it to another comp then i got a new comp this stuff is confusing apples gotta be difficult

Scro
04-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
i did't think about that i did sync it to another comp then i got a new comp this stuff is confusing apples gotta be difficult

Yeah, I agree. The whole process is not very user friendly.

TGW_400ex
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Can you burn data cd's on iTunes? I tried ripping music off my iPod and the music sounded funny like it was lagging or something. My computer with all my music died so I would like to get it on another computer...

ridered11
04-14-2010, 04:57 PM
theres free software you can download that I've used before. I don't remember exactly what its called, just google it.

bens250ex
04-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
theres free software you can download that I've used before. I don't remember exactly what its called, just google it.

yea i saw that stuff but really didn't want to download it on my comp that stuff always leads to problems down the road. ill have to wait till i have the patience to mess with it today is deff not the day for it. Socro is dang right it is not user friendly

ridered11
04-14-2010, 05:39 PM
It was really easy to use when I did it, but then again I have a Macbook.

k4f5x0r
04-14-2010, 05:51 PM
plug in your ipod. Wait for it to come up. Go to the store tab and "authorize" the computer. Once this is finished go to th file tab and click on the "transfer purchases from ipod" selection.

After that 3 choices comes up. When you get to that point let me know what the choices are because i cannot remember for the life of me.

TGW_400ex
04-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
plug in your ipod. Wait for it to come up. Go to the store tab and "authorize" the computer. Once this is finished go to th file tab and click on the "transfer purchases from ipod" selection.

After that 3 choices comes up. When you get to that point let me know what the choices are because i cannot remember for the life of me.

Pretty sure that only works with songs you purchased on itunes...

Sjorge450R
04-14-2010, 11:44 PM
um....

download Sharepod

hands down, the best freeware for ripping music from an ipod. As long as that ipod is formatted for your current operating system you are fine.

I use it like twice a month when my friends give me their ipods. No problems for me and I have it running on over 4+ computer between my family and friends.

d3ktrix
04-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
um....

download Sharepod

hands down, the best freeware for ripping music from an ipod. As long as that ipod is formatted for your current operating system you are fine.

I use it like twice a month when my friends give me their ipods. No problems for me and I have it running on over 4+ computer between my family and friends.

X2

I'm a PC tech and use Sharepod all the time on my customers ipod's to recover their music collections when their computers hard drives crap.

Great little free program and its malware free.
Just don't click the wrong button, it can clean an ipod off in 1 click :P

tayyo789
04-17-2010, 05:02 PM
sounds like sharepod is a good option for you.
i remember having to do this before i had my own computer and my parents kept deleting my itunes off their computer. talk about a PITA....

bens250ex
04-18-2010, 09:00 AM
ok ill give it try thanks guys

Canadian144
04-18-2010, 04:37 PM
+1 for sharepod, idump also worked for me (but that was 2 or 3 years ago after my hard drive crashed).