PDA

View Full Version : yfz hmf headpipe & stock headpipe

zyoung04
04-13-2010, 09:09 PM
just wondering if theres any difference in these i have 1 of each they look about the same just wondering if they were same diameter where the slip on slips on

mxpimp2000
04-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by zyoung04
just wondering if theres any difference in these i have 1 of each they look about the same just wondering if they were same diameter where the slip on slips on

you must not have a true hmf header. HMF header is alot longer and connects to the muffler without a mid pipe.

this is a hmf header

zyoung04
04-14-2010, 02:37 PM
its a true hmf header it was a full hmf exhaust the slip on just fell apart and i have just the header left i was thinkin about trading for different slip on the guy has a stock header on his thats why i asked the question.....im not talking the length of the header im asking about the diameter of where the muffler slips on on the header are they the same?

mxpimp2000
04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
stock head pipe is bigger around than hmf header. its designed for more low-mid i would say. i once traded a buddy my stock header and mid pipe for his hmf header. i couldnt tell the difference honestly

in order to make a slipon a full system all you do is ditch the mid pipe.

in order to make a full system a slipon you need a stock header and mid pipe. (cannot use hmf muffler on stock header without midpipe)

hope that helps.