PDA

View Full Version : hydrolic clutch WORTh IT?

logant14
04-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I looked on here and cant find anything about a hydrolic clutch on a 400. any one have on? are they worth they money?which one is best

Thumpin440ex
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Waste of money imo. Unless you have super stiff clutch springs, but then go with a ez pull lever. I am using a pretty healthy clutch set up, don't seem to have a prob pulling it, I am using the stock perch, lever also. It is also 1 more system that req fluid, bleeding, not to mention if you get a leak or break it on the trails(not that a cable can't break).. Next is that you will not have the true clutch feel like you do with a reg clutch, the feeling will be the same throughout the clutch release.. I have only riddin a bike one time with one, it was nice, alot of the other info I have have gathered from reading about them my self.. A plus is that they do not need repeated adjustment.. But a lil much for me..

John

slightlybent47
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Several of my friends have them and they always have issues with them. I have a AVS lever on mine and it works great. Kinda pricy but it’s smooth and easy to pull.

honda400ex2003
04-13-2010, 09:09 PM
I liked mine alot when i had it with my stock clutch setup. It didnt have any let off point or anything and was smooth all the way through. After i switched clutches it did not work real well anymore but i also blew out the seal inside the slave res. I hit it by mistake with it disconnected and it never worked right after that. lol. It didnt leak or anything but did not seem to pull far enough. if you plan to keep the stock clutch and such they will work great for you. If not dont waste the money, get a nice set of ASV levers and you will be set. steve

omeeomy
04-23-2010, 07:23 PM
my bro has the magura not worth it imo
first ride melted the hose=done riding
second ride broke the hose at the master cyc=done riding
and the price of new hoses arent cheep
then ya have to bleed the system
imo carry an extra cable
i got the easy pull clutch lever and perch from magic racing and it a whole lot easier to pull and it was only 40 bucks
so thats my advice
check the price of a magura braided hose its not cheep either

CJM
04-23-2010, 08:16 PM
I have the MSR AOF lever and like it alot, pull is positive feeling (it has some grab to it imho as best way to described it) but very easy to pull.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?&navType=type&webTypeId=189&navTitle=Handlebars-Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=11631

omeeomy
04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
thats just like the one i got from magic racing
mine was made by magnum
both are nice
i put mine on and lubed the cable real good and WOW what a difference
it pulls like my bros hydro from magura

guenther
04-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I have the MSR AOF lever and like it alot, pull is positive feeling (it has some grab to it imho as best way to described it) but very easy to pull.

x2

bert400
04-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Yeah I would def. go with somethin else, anything else lol. I have the magura and the second I got my whole wheeler rebuilt, I started it up, pulled the clutch in and the hose moved, touched the pipe and burnt a whole straight through it..so I had to wait two weeks before I could ride it because I had to buy another..so i bought the steel braided line which was 50 bucks:eek2: and now once my bike gets hot its like the fluid in the line gets weak and dont wanna pull..def. wouldnt recommend it...once I have some cash Im gonna go back to a cable clutch..Ill sell mine to ya if u really want one lol