PDA

View Full Version : bogs and hesitates in air only

J_bob_28
04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
like the title says...my ltr bogs and hessitates in the air only. it runs perfect on flat ground. It only happens when i get in the air and gas it. it just cuts out and misses bad. I've heard it is the fuel filter from a few guys. we cleaned the filter out decently but it still does it bad. i've heard u just need to replace the filter, cleaning it does nothing. Anybody else had this problem? did replacing the fuel filter help?

panici33
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Fuel filter most likely, tons a posts on it; it hasn't happened to me but I am sure someone on here has.

trompen542
04-14-2010, 09:38 AM
its the fuel filter, they don't clean well, put a new one in before you get hurt.

Drewltr450
04-14-2010, 11:43 AM
yeup fuel filter

J_bob_28
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
thanks alot guys. probably gonna buy a few of em.

MXDoug
04-15-2010, 08:53 AM
I've heard of this being the Tip-Over Sensor. Good luck!

muddy400EX
04-15-2010, 09:43 AM
i was riding the other day, and rolled over a jump in high gear and killed it. then it was cuttin out all the way around the track. stopped and let it set for a minute and then it ran fine. i thought my filter was goin out, but maybe i just bogged it up or something:confused:

MXDoug
04-15-2010, 10:10 AM
A little off topic but,
During a race, my friend rolled his KFX-450 a couple of times. We checked it out afterwards and found the airbox had about 1/2qt of oil in it. I’m not sure if a LT-R450 would do the same but worth taking a look if you haven’t already.

jherbie28
04-15-2010, 03:30 PM
also stupid but check the gas. if the gas is low and not enough to set the light it will also do this, at least on mine. mines an 06 if that matters and been through many of swirl and fuel filters in its time.

Vern Forenpohar
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
My kids is doing the exact same thing, only happens in the air, new filters, old ones were clean but changed them any way, checked fuel pump psi, there is also a screen in the fuel pump, it was clean, the boys at out local Suzuki shop are looking into it for what that is worth, there is a fuel cut off sensor on the ltr's that might be a roll over sensor, I'm doing some research on that right now and will keep you posted.

Vern Forenpohar
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
The fuel cut off sensor is probably not the problem, our shop has never sold one and it shuts down the motor and the fuel, I guess it's like a horseshoe with a ball in the bottom and the quad has to be all the way on its side to activate it and you have to restart the quad after it has been activated

J_bob_28
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Vern Forenpohar
My kids is doing the exact same thing, only happens in the air, new filters, old ones were clean but changed them any way, checked fuel pump psi, there is also a screen in the fuel pump, it was clean, the boys at out local Suzuki shop are looking into it for what that is worth, there is a fuel cut off sensor on the ltr's that might be a roll over sensor, I'm doing some research on that right now and will keep you posted.

well i dont like how that sounds. anybody know if running some injector cleaner through it would hurt anything. i've heard people have done this. just checking.

hondaracer31
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Try cleaning the fuel pressure regulator.

IRONFLIGHT2
04-20-2010, 07:32 AM
check the fuel line that goes from your fuel pump to your tank, sometimes when you put the tank back on that line can get kinked and it will run fine when you are on the gas but cut out when you let off because its not letting enough fuel past the kink.Sounds pretty stupid but believe me its worth taking a look at.

Baracudaaa
04-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Check your wiring where the key switch plugs into the wiring harness. There has been tons of cases (including me) where the wires start to unplug and cause the bike to sputter as the contact becomes loose. I hardwired them together and covered them with silicone because they get wet under the front fender.