PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket axle with stock lock nut

97WarriorRider
04-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Is this going to work, I bought a rpm dominator axle and went to install it tonight and it doesn't seem like its going to work with the stock lock nut, there isnt enough room to get the locking ring on to tighten the lock nuts. Is this supposed to happen, If so what is the best lock not to get.

Thanks
Tom

97WarriorRider
04-13-2010, 06:12 PM
anyone, im sure someone knows, all i need to know is if ill need an aftermarket lock nut

gt400ex
04-14-2010, 02:25 AM
I have the same axle and my stock nut works.

97WarriorRider
04-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Well it doesnt look like mine is going to work.

aDviSol2y
04-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Something must not be installed right or you don't have the locknut threaded in enough. I know I don't have the same axle but I use my stock locknut with my lonestar and it works just fine. Can you post pics?

Jessem24
04-14-2010, 02:57 PM
i have a dominator 2 axle and YES my stock nut works... wonder what you did wrong:huh

matts27
04-14-2010, 06:27 PM
I bought the Durablue locknut for mine, then cut the stuck threaded to piece and kept the jam nut on it. I place the tock threade piece with the sock jam nut towards the brake rotor, then thread the Durablue Axle nut onto the threaded stock piece. Then instal the C-clip on the axle, back the durablue axle nut off towards the c-clip to tighten. This gives me plenty of threads and NO issues what so ever. Only time it got a little loose was at the end of last year when my bearings were shot. Hope this helps a bit. I had the same issue and couldn't find any answers. My stocker was too short to tighen up on the aftermarket axles for some reason. Bought it from a kid and the back was way loose when I bought it. Hope this helps you out, Take care

97WarriorRider
04-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys, the bearing seals kept coming out with the axle so everything wasnt going together tight enough, got it all put back together tonight. But I have another question. When I got it all put back together I looked at the sprocket and there was grease coming out of the sprocket hub splines??? Is grease can get out, water can get in..Whats up with this. I bought this axle used from here, is there some kind of seal that is missing? The sprocket hub also isnt as tight as the stock hub was?

Thanks
Tom