PDA

View Full Version : Dynolicious on ATV?

Hondamaster5505
04-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Well, I jailbroke my iPod touch, so I can get free apps. I downloaded that dynolicious app, and it seems to be pretty accurate in the cars. (And supposedly beat out the Gtech in a couple reviews)

Since it's technically just a weight/g-force calculation, could I technically put in the weight of the quad with me on it, and mount it to my banshee somewhere? I would love to get an estimated hp to the ground and 1/8 mile time.

Curious if anyone ever tried this before.. before I jailbroke it, I used this crappy free one that sucks, and tested it out just on my dads. (Taped to the rad. shroud) and it DID read, but i didn't set it right.

04-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I tried apps like this before and in my car in the raining spinning through 3rd it said I ran like a 13.8 1/4 lol

Hondamaster5505
04-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, the other dyno app's supposedly suck. (Pocketdyno and others) But dynolicious is supposed to be done much better, and a LOT more accurate.

Like I said, it beat out the Gtech, and every review I read, said that their results were almost dead accurate if the weight is programmed correctly.

So that's why i was thinking of trying it on the 4-wheeler.

I tried it in my dads old beater work car, and even with a guesstimated weight it was pretty damn close.

Hondamaster5505
04-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, it works. haha. I was bored, so I mounted her to the radiator cover and did a quick run up my street.

With just pipes, a filter, and reeds, I pulled 43hp. (slight uphill, and EVER so slight hesitation up top from running old plugs)

On level ground, and fresh plugs, 45-46 should be possible.

I put the exact weight in. (I even made sure I put the EXACT weight of gas I had in it.. lol)

I couldn't get any 1/8th mile runs (neighbors were out, didn't want to piss them off)

More to come in the future:cool:

GRAPH:
http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f79044%5fAE%2fFtEQAARENS8TrDAbC8lB yJLU&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Hondamaster5505
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, it works. haha. I was bored, so I mounted her to the radiator cover and did a quick run up my street.

With just pipes, a filter, and reeds, I pulled 43hp. (slight uphill, and EVER so slight hesitation up top from running old plugs)

On level ground, and fresh plugs, 45-46 should be possible.

I put the exact weight in. (I even made sure I put the EXACT weight of gas I had in it.. lol)

I couldn't get any 1/8th mile runs (neighbors were out, didn't want to piss them off)

More to come in the future:cool:

GRAPH:
http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f79044%5fAE%2fFtEQAARENS8TrDAbC8lB yJLU&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
The only real way to test times is take that to the strip and set it up, then run w/e and compare. If its within .1 of a second I give it props. Then take it to the dyno, hopefully its within 5HP which isnt bad at all for cars but for quads with low HP to begin with you would get a false sense of hope if it reads 5HP under lol

Hondamaster5505
04-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
The only real way to test times is take that to the strip and set it up, then run w/e and compare. If its within .1 of a second I give it props. Then take it to the dyno, hopefully its within 5HP which isnt bad at all for cars but for quads with low HP to begin with you would get a false sense of hope if it reads 5HP under lol

Well, as far as times go, in the test's, it ALWAYS came within .10 of the actual time, if the right weight was calibrated.

And I know that could cause a big difference, that little amount, but I take it's pretty accurate because that number I got is about right for a piped/filtered banshee.

Hondamaster5505
04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
And as soon as my car is legal, im taking it to the truck stop to get weighed, then getting a time on that.:)

04-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
And as soon as my car is legal, im taking it to the truck stop to get weighed, then getting a time on that.:)

dont get caught doing that, my car was slow as **** and I was already breaking the speed limit on even the highways by the 1/8th

Hondamaster5505
04-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
dont get caught doing that, my car was slow as **** and I was already breaking the speed limit on even the highways by the 1/8th

Oh I know, it's pretty easy to get up there fast. haha.

I live in bumble**** PA, lots of long backroads that aren't traveled much.

04-13-2010, 06:27 PM
be carefully seriously, speed kills or haunts you for the rest of your life if something goes wrong.

Hondamaster5505
04-13-2010, 07:15 PM
I know. I already made a goal not to be an idiot driver like 90% of the morons in my school. Plus I placed a $100 bet with my father, that I don't wreck my first car under my own fault. So I have to be on the lookout constantly.

I'm not the kind of kid that just wants to head out, rev the piss out of his engine, race everyone, and have my car floored everywhere. I have respect for everything I own, and want the car to last me a long time. Plus I don't want to be replacing stuff all the time.

It's just one of those things, where I test it out a couple times (dynolicious) and every ONCE in a while, have a little fun. But nothing crazy. Not looking to do 100 on the backroads all the time, haha.