PDA

View Full Version : ? About Our 70mod With Kx65 Motor

nastynotchback1
04-13-2010, 07:43 AM
It was leaking case oil at the front sprocket.Took that apart and repaired it.The leak is fixed but it after every ride the case oil will be low.Where else could the oil be going?Is it possible for the oil to get in the water or for the motor to be burning the oil?

JAG Motosports
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Could be the crank seal. Was it smoking alot?

nastynotchback1
04-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Naw dose not smoke alot.i use smokless oil and mix it 40:1 and there is very little smoke.

JAG Motosports
04-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
Naw dose not smoke alot.i use smokless oil and mix it 40:1 and there is very little smoke.

Then I'd say it's not the seal, because you can see and smell it.

doonanracing
04-14-2010, 06:14 AM
It most likley will be a bad crank seal. They make a dye (not sure where to get it maybe a local auto parts store) you can run it using the dye and then run it til the motor gets hot and then see if the dye is in the exhaust pipe, if it is then you know it most likley is a bad seal. Also another issue it will do if ti is a bad seal is when it gets hot it will sometimes get hard to re-start. My experience with a bad seal will seem like the oil is just disappearing just you like are experiencing. Hope this helps

doonanracing
04-14-2010, 06:14 AM
It most likley will be a bad crank seal. They make a dye (not sure where to get it maybe a local auto parts store) you can run it using the dye and then run it til the motor gets hot and then see if the dye is in the exhaust pipe, if it is then you know it most likley is a bad seal. Also another issue it will do if ti is a bad seal is when it gets hot it will sometimes get hard to re-start. My experience with a bad seal will seem like the oil is just disappearing just you like are experiencing. Hope this helps

nastynotchback1
04-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by doonanracing

THANKS i wil try that