PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 ATVA MX Nationals

Derrick Adams
04-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Leaving for Ballance MX in Bowling Green KY, in two more days.

I learned alot racing the first National in Alabama and I have a little better strategy this time around. My goal is to put the 250R in the top 10 over-all in my class. I may run the Open class this time as well.

I'll try to post a few pics of the bike for you guys tonight.

rablack21
04-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Sounds awesome. Yeah, I would like to see some pics. Good luck! Put the R back in the spotlight.

TLR-Online
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Once again, good luck! We will be pulling for you :D

Pro1200
04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
i wanna see that 250R back on top..good luck!!:p

CorvetteZ06
04-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Pro1200
i wanna see that 250R back on top..good luck!!:p

:cool: i agree :D

mxduner
04-14-2010, 01:12 AM
That extra class and seat time will provide you priceless experience. You will be suprised. You switching out to the 330 pv yet?

Derrick Adams
04-14-2010, 03:50 AM
Haven't switched yet. Just waiting on my tax refund to come.

I hope to see some improved lap times and more importantly improved holeshots once the cylinder is on there!

Derrick Adams
04-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Posting a pic up tonight. Just got it reassembled last night.

Derrick Adams
04-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Well, here's the knife that I take to the gun fights. Taking off now for Bowling Green. See you guys in 4 days!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/Derrick_Adams/014-1.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/Derrick_Adams/012.jpg

Fear250r
04-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Nice looking ride!

leager-n-ky
04-15-2010, 09:13 PM
GOOD LUCK Derrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dynofox
04-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Derrick you quad looks awesome, good luck!

04-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Good job with a 9th place finish in the first moto! Keep it up!

04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Looks like he went 9-9 for 10th overall and sits at 10th in the standings after two rounds. Way to work and I look forward to a race report!

tommygunnz
04-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Looks nice glad your reppin the 2 stroke

Derrick Adams
04-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Rolled in at 1:30 this morning and sacked out. Got up at 5:30am and went to work. I'm whooped.

Well let me go on record as saying that Ballance MX was by far the worst track I have ever ridden. Rough, rough, and more rough. Hardly any track work at all, all weekend and the bumps, ruts and washouts were sometimes 24" deep. Enough to swallow whole quad tires and many riders payed the price for it.

Secondly, they operated the facility in an unsafe manner. Example One:

The starting line is set in the middle of the track and you ride thru a tunnel under the track to get there. The staging area to pull onto the gate is directly in line with the landing of the main table top jump. Well, while I was sitting in staging waiting to go on the track to practice friday afternoon, you guessed it, I got T-BONED by an out of control quad. This guy was truckin and smacked straight into my quad. Just missed my leg by inches. Totally distroyed my subframe and grab-bar. There is NOTHING to stop this from happening again.

Example Two:

The track crew decided it was a good idea to water the track while the races were going on. Not just the straights mind you, but the hard packed corners and the faces of the jumps! I saw more than 5 quads spin out of control due to wet corners that were dry and hooking up just the lap before. My buddy saw them watering the "Pro Double" while there were racers jumping it. Actually spraying their bikes while they were in the air! It seemed like they were actually TRYING to get people hurt.

Example Three:

I was down on the gates to sweep for one of my friends who was also racing. While waiting I was watching the Super Minis on the gate. Then the card girl holds up the "2" then flips to the "1" while another class was already on the track. She dropped the card and they dropped the gate while parents were screaming. Some of them got their kids stopped and some did not. Off they went right into on coming traffic from the other class who still had a lap to go!

Now that I have that off my chest...

Derrick Adams
04-19-2010, 04:41 PM
I had a fair weekend. Once we got my bike straightened out enough to compete I settled down on the track. However it was just too rough to really have fun.

I managed 9th on Saturday like 8686 said earlier and had a good distance on the number 10 guy, but I was pretty far back from the rest of the pack.

Sunday I sacked up and hit the 70ft step-up, only to come up 4ft short of making it. I could have sworn 4th gear tapped would have gotten me up it. When my moto came around the track was so rough that my back end was swapping terribly up the face, so I never did get another attempt. I pretty much beat myself this weekend as all the jumps were just a little too big for me to be comfortable on. Hopefully the next race goes better.

BUT, we're getting there! Moved to 10th overall this weekend and still the only 250R competing! I have some strategy for the next few races so we'll see how it goes.

OH YEAH, I was 2nd to the corner in the first moto holeshot (with the little motor haha) Thought you guys would like to know that.

red88r
04-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Good job Derrick...wish you had sum action shots.

quad janern
04-20-2010, 04:27 AM
Its cool to read about you. Keep up the good work!

Do you have any pictures of the races ?