PDA

View Full Version : What does the aftermarket want? (aka. you guys)

DGR Designs
01-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi some of you know me some of you don't. i am trying to get some ideas on future products. so far i have airboxes, and skidplates planned. i need some equipment also. now im not expectin to end up like FMF or OMF overnight. im just pokin around, doin some market reasearch. what would YOU guys like to see out there and for WHAT PRICE. ideas? slap em down here on the table! even if they already exist. oh, and by the way, is there any better way of cutting aluminum then a bench grinder or dremel..... like there has to be a press or sumthin. lol and also, some of the members here may even recieve sponcerships from me sporting the very products you devloped on your machines! lol thank you all, ttyl!
~Dave, Owner DGR Designs

Fred55
01-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Maybe try starting off with the normal stuff like skids, and maybe a bumper if thats possible, maybe we could help ya come up with a sweet and origanal design! Im hopefully getting a 400ex in a month or so, and I'd GLADLY help ya test your products. Shoot me a Pm. If your looking into doing a bumper, I would like to help with the design!

Woodsrider
01-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Plasma cutter, nothin cuts thru aluminum faster or cleaner.

honda400exrider
01-28-2003, 07:47 PM
i want a ac propeg design nerfbars with steel coated pegs for 180! lol

01-28-2003, 07:54 PM
i want bolt on foot peg wideners

flyin#5
01-28-2003, 07:54 PM
maybe handlebars?

01-28-2003, 07:56 PM
footpeg wideners!!!!!!!! for 20-30 bucks id buy em if they were nice and sturdy

ny300exrider
01-28-2003, 08:13 PM
i think a good one would be heel clicks like the pro peg ones but they can be used with regular nerfs....i would buy em if the price was right.(when i get a 400)

DGR Designs
01-28-2003, 08:14 PM
well thanks to you guys and the help of some people in our chat tonite on aim, i have come up with the following to design:

bolt on grab bars with weld on tabs
airboxes
skids
scoops (i already have these made)
headlight guards (like the DG ones but aluminum)
footpeg wideners
a duncan racing type bumper, strengthened and cheaper
perhaps some nerfs (not propegs tho)
frame armour
kickups for pegs like the rath ones
metal hand guards for you XC guys
and perhaps handlebars

thats it for now guys!!! lata
~Dave get in touch with em on msn or aim
msn: mountainbiker77@hotmail.com
aim: Stylin400EX

Davids440ex
01-28-2003, 08:16 PM
alum. subframes w/ removable grab bar, thumb throttle covers, bar clamps, etc....

01-28-2003, 08:35 PM
sheer,press & a smitty built type machine (lathe & mill,drill all in one ) you should be able fab up most pcs on a quad,.. if ya know how to use the machines..;)

lil400exman
01-29-2003, 02:46 PM
it would be neat to make a air induction on a quad not liek the z-400s i mean a real one comes out by your legs kinda like this ok have it attach to the airbox
have a aluminum tube go on a easier side to get it out of have it as big as possible and as straight as possible have the end go out on it like this

so it will grab air and put a screen or something on it so it will black dirt an make a snap in cover on it if you run in muddy conditionsor something i will draw her up and post it later...........

but you need this

aluminum airbox
mounting smooth intake better- air velocity
aluminum tube
square and long intake.........