PDA

View Full Version : Ct330

IcutMetl
04-12-2010, 06:26 PM
How much would you pay for a CT330 cylinder? There's one on ebay right now that seems in good shape, for stock stroke, on 2nd bore, mid-top ported, polished outer surface, high compression dome? Getting ready to tear my motor down to replace crank, seals, bearings, etc. Nothing wrong with my ported stock cylinder now, but more power is always nice. Have ability to machine cases myself; that's not a problem. How big will the "grin factor" be?

addictedtomud
04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
A new one with piston and rings is $1000, so I'd expect to pay about half of what one costs new, which is about $500. But also factor if you'll have to buy a new piston and rings and maybe have it bored? So if you have to spend up to another $200 to get it ready to go, you'll want to pay less for the cylinder.

I personally like CT and LRD cylinders best, so I think your grin factor will be a 7/8 out of 10!!

IcutMetl
04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Haha that's what I figured. Hell, I'd drop coin on a 370pv, but I've just got too many other irons in the fire. If it goes for a reasonable amount I may snag it...if not; nothing wrong with my top end now. My riding buddy has himself convinced that he NEEDS to go all crazy with his Banshee rebuild and have a gazillion horsepower. Before I could keep up if not outrun him...now it's probably going to be a different story...haha