PDA

View Full Version : YFZ Electrical Help

FRESHY21
04-12-2010, 11:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok ive had battery issues for about 3 years now. I can put a brand new battery on and it goes dead in a couple hours. First i thoguht it was the headlights, so i talked to a few places adn they said to leave the headlight switch on at all times. This seems to help for a while. But then i was eatin batteries again. Next i figured the hign compression and electric start was just sucking to much juice, so i delete the electric start, and also deleted the battery... So this is where it gets interesting.

I bought a 12v Trail Tech. Battery and had it wired to my CDI and Fan, The quad ran on this setup for about 30 minutes, it then would start and at 1/2 throotle cut out and miss bad. I checked the battery is was inky reading 2.4 volts, So i charged it up to 12v it ran again for a few minutes. So i tried a stock battery instead of the small 12v the battery runs the cdi and fan fine but also begin to loose power.

I thought maybe my cdi box was pulling to much power so i tried a stock cdi box the stock cdi box runs great on both the 12v and stock battery.

My question is, is the CDI bad, coil or resistor. The coil is putting out almost 13v when tested running so i cant see it being bad.

My other thing is i have and 04 coil with 07 everything else. Is this a probelm?

I have kickstart, gutted harness, dyna fs cdi, Icat spark enhancer, killswitch, Only things hooked up are the cdi,killswitch,ket,fan,temp light, coil.

Any help would be greatly aprreciated.

mxpimp2000
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
could be the stator not charging the battery

FRESHY21
04-12-2010, 12:36 PM
yeah going to have to try a new one

florentino
04-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by FRESHY21
yeah going to have to try a new one

let me know what stator you get stock or ricky stator. y just put a new stator and nothing.

FRESHY21
04-25-2010, 02:53 AM
new high output ricky stator and resistor, stil wont run without a battery.

mxpimp2000
04-25-2010, 12:25 PM
the bike will not run without a battery or a battery that has decent charge. if u have kick start and want to eliminate the battery then u gotta have a race cut harness like i done to mine

FRESHY21
04-26-2010, 07:51 AM
will ideal i give it gas at 1/2 throttle cuts out bad. without a battery hooked up.

my harness is gutted.