PDA

View Full Version : Pro Armor Kill Switch

Brandon Wallace
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Im takin my kill switch off my yfz to put it on my KFx. My question is what wire do I splice into?

MtnEX
04-12-2010, 02:55 AM
DON'T...

Give Pro Armor their due $20 for the KFX450 tether install kit.

It's worth it.
You'll understand when it arrives.

al capone
04-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Install kit trust me i have one just buy it.

BEARAZZ
04-14-2010, 07:23 AM
think its the blue wire to your coil.. I tied mine in a couple years ago and still no problems.. just make sure u have a good connection and sealed up good

Brandon Wallace
04-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

ALXKFX450R
04-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Buy a Pingle kill switch,it was made to work with the Kawi, Pro Armor works differently.

MtnEX
04-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Not with the install kit...

The Pro Armor kill works with the KFX wiring with the install kit.

No BS splicing into the stock harness either.
Plugs in with factory plugs, literally.

ALXKFX450R
04-18-2010, 11:19 AM
I have the Pro Armor kill switch , it installs easy with the install kit.I was told buy Hetrick and DRT race teams that the way Pro armor switchs work is bad for the bike,and Pindle kill switchs were made to work properly with the Kawi.There explaination was that the engine runs differently. Seems funny to me but this just what i've been told from the guys who build the pros bikes

Dirtjunkie85
06-01-2010, 11:22 AM
i bought this kill switch installation kit and it did wonders and saved a lot of time and headache! kill switch installation kit (http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=205&navTitle=Electrical&webCatId=20&prodFamilyId=22487#vehicleSelect)

BLU82
06-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Pingle or gunnar are the way to go with the kfx. I had a pro armor originally and it smoked my coil. The difference that keeps being mentioned is normal open circuit vs normally closed circuit. The pro armor is a normally open switch while the kfx450 operates on a normally closed circuit. I now NC gunnar kill switch. Very clear directions and 0 problems.

mjc597
06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
x2 with the gunnar kill switch.. the kawi's need a closed circuit kill switch that's all. i was gonna buy the pro armor and the install kit..but at 40 bucks for the swtich and another 20 for the kit..thats 60 bucks or more for a kill switch...

MtnEX
06-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Dirtjunkie85
i bought this kill switch installation kit and it did wonders and saved a lot of time and headache! kill switch installation kit (http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=205&navTitle=Electrical&webCatId=20&prodFamilyId=22487#vehicleSelect)

The above is the CORRECT information!

The below is a different story...

Originally posted by ALXKFX450R
I have the Pro Armor kill switch , it installs easy with the install kit.I was told buy Hetrick and DRT race teams that the way Pro armor switchs work is bad for the bike,and Pindle kill switchs were made to work properly with the Kawi.There explaination was that the engine runs differently. Seems funny to me but this just what i've been told from the guys who build the pros bikes

The ciruitry IS different... see above... install kit needed!!!

Originally posted by BLU82
Pingle or gunnar are the way to go with the kfx. I had a pro armor originally and it smoked my coil. The difference that keeps being mentioned is normal open circuit vs normally closed circuit. The pro armor is a normally open switch while the kfx450 operates on a normally closed circuit. I now NC gunnar kill switch. Very clear directions and 0 problems.

Yep, the difference is normally open and normally closed.

Pro Armor's actual tether is NOT correct for the KFX for a normal install.

The install kit is needed for a correct install, which zero's out the problem.

Originally posted by mjc597
x2 with the gunnar kill switch.. the kawi's need a closed circuit kill switch that's all. i was gonna buy the pro armor and the install kit..but at 40 bucks for the swtich and another 20 for the kit..thats 60 bucks or more for a kill switch...

I think the price worked out the same for me either way... or close.

I went with the Pro Armor + install kit though because it's a clean professional PLUG-IN install... no horsing around with the stock wiring and junk.