PDA

View Full Version : transmission gasket

kfx450
04-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Can you run a good gasket maker or do you have to run the gasket for clearence? This is for the transmision cover not the cvt cover.

thank you
jayme

Logan #34's Dad
04-12-2010, 04:00 AM
Run the gasket. A leak will cause fluid to get on the belt and ruin your day.

zach R 7x
04-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Run the gasket. A leak will cause fluid to get on the belt and ruin your day.

I have to agree with Rocky on this ,we tried the rtv thing 4-5 yrs ago and could never get it to work effectively. also i do believe it is a clearence thing also.

Quaddad77
04-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Cometic makes a nice gasket that is reusable i have used them on my Kasea for a couple years they last forever and they are not very expensive.

tyler70t
04-13-2010, 10:24 AM
or just buy a roll of gasket material for like 10 bucks @ the auto parts store and cut your own, you will need a hole punch but you will have a bunch of them for really cheap!

Coley'sdad#8
04-13-2010, 12:26 PM
naaaah I would rather spend the couple bucks and have one already cut out rather than spending 15 mins doing it, besides it gives the little kids @ the factory something to do for money;)
I can picture a huge wharehouse full of kids cutting out minarelli / jog motor tranny gaskets. maybe over there they have like cutout and coloring books with dot to dot of gaskets to cut :rolleyes: "today kids we are going to cut out Honda clutch cover gaskets:) "

Quaddad77
04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Now I don't care who u are that's funny.The gaskets from cometic are very nice they are aluminum with a hard rubber like coating.The only time I really had to replace the was if the cover came loose.if I remember right I think they were like 7 bucks each.

etondaddy
04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by kfx450
Can you run a good gasket maker or do you have to run the gasket for clearence? This is for the transmision cover not the cvt cover.

thank you
jayme
Give me a address I'll send you one from the wall of my trailer from my old e-ton days brand new stock e-ton gasket....free now you can't beat that.

Mike Kozura

kfx450
04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
thanks for all the help and the offer on the gasket but my max rpm shippment should be here tomorrow and I will have an extra one on the wall then too.