PDA

View Full Version : What happened between dana white and silva?

04-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I missed it : /

extremeblastr
04-11-2010, 05:52 PM
silva spent the last 3 round of the fight doing nothing but taunting his opponent and still got the win, dana and the crowed however did not find this to be an acceptable ending.

JJs450r
04-11-2010, 06:05 PM
ya i am def glad i did not order this fight most of them sucked...bj penn seemed way of his normal game which sucked and cost him the belt

FMF450R
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
its turning into the WWE!

Doak450r
04-12-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't think it's turning into the wwe, just everytime anderson fights he showboats so bad it's pathetic. Dana was so pissed and embarrased with him he gave andersons manager the belt in the 4th round told him to put it on him if he won because he was so pissed and walked out.
Also did anyone else think pen won that fight 3 rounds to 2 like i did?? It was a close fight though but one of the judges gave the fight 50-45 to edgar, he didn't win every round and also thought penn didn't look in as good shape as he had been for his last couple fights. Didn't think the card lived up to the hype, and anderson def. lost a lot of fans last night.

madskrillz2
04-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Anderson Silva looks like a generic Roy Jones Jr.

fastredrider44
04-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not too happy with the last few fights. I didn't get to see this last one, but that's cause I'm tired of spending the money to be disappointed. Silva... I haven't liked him since he walked through Franklin. lol.

madskrillz2
04-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I'm not too happy with the last few fights. I didn't get to see this last one, but that's cause I'm tired of spending the money to be disappointed. Silva... I haven't liked him since he walked through Franklin. lol.

Haha me neither. That's what started my hatred for him. Rich is my favorite fighter

fastredrider44
04-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Rich is my favorite fighter

x2

Thumpin440ex
04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
PRIDE FTW

John :devil:

ben300
04-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44

agree'd....over the past two years, the ufc has definitally lost a lot of luster....they, to me personally, just dont have the interesting fights anymore that they used to and are running out of talent to face the champions fast.....

its bad that your next big time fight is gonna be a rematch between shogun and machida or anderson fighting gsp....

i havent felt the need to get a ppv in months adn i mean months..basically when we watched the fight(which i though was rigged) when anderson beat forest...i lost interest

Doak450r
04-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Yeah i thought something was up with the silva, forest fight as well. Also you guys here the news tito isn't fighting chuck anymore after this season of tuff, franklin and chuck are fighting. so i've heard

TGW_400ex
04-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Doak450r
Yeah i thought something was up with the silva, forest fight as well. Also you guys here the news tito isn't fighting chuck anymore after this season of tuff, franklin and chuck are fighting. so i've heard

Wtf why?

ben300
04-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Wtf why?

cause tito is a **** bag and never gets along with Dana.....it makes no sense for him to fight chuck for a third time...what so we can finally maybe see tito beat a aging dinosaur...

fastredrider44
04-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by ben300

i havent felt the need to get a ppv in months adn i mean months..basically when we watched the fight(which i though was rigged) when anderson beat forest...i lost interest

Once again, x2

TWISTED
04-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Anderson Silva va Jon Jones..... Jones will clean his clock!!!!!

madskrillz2
04-13-2010, 01:11 PM

Yeah I'm hearing this rumor that, that is what Dana's announcement is this week on TUF. Tito is quitting and Rich is taking his place on the show

JLanphear
04-14-2010, 01:36 AM
I love watching Anderson Silva fight, when he actually fights. Unfortunately we haven't gotten to see a lot of that lately....it's been pretty up and down. I got to meet him in Vegas and he seemed like a real cool dude, but it's pretty obvious that he's incredibly arrogant and really should tone it down a notch and prove that he can finish fights (like we know he can).

Overall my favorite fighter is GSP. I'm going to UFC in Montreal next month and hoping he'll be up there at the weigh-ins signing.

Anybody else going to those fights?

jcv400ex
04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by ben300
cause tito is a **** bag and never gets along with Dana.....it makes no sense for him to fight chuck for a third time...what so we can finally maybe see tito beat a aging dinosaur...

Sorry but Chuck beat Tito both times they've fought....

ben300
04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Sorry but Chuck beat Tito both times they've fought....

i know that...your miss read what i wrote....read it again...try to comprehend....

jcv400ex
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
sneaked in a maybe there...gotcha.

ben300
04-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
sneaked in a maybe there...gotcha.

no problem dude...

i really hope that if this super fight happens between gsp and silva, that gsp will lay his *** out....

honda300EXtreme
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM
i hope gsp and silva fight. that will be bad ***.

it seems to me that the ufc is filtering too many fighters in. and it seems they have really started focusing everything on the ppv fights. hell if you look at the ultimate fighter there not only taking the winner in but there taking at least 3-4 more guys. like kimbo slice, he didnt show half the talent that alot of the other guys did. except for a decent stand up game. i mean since 2010 started i havent seen hardly any fights on regular television except mabe two or three events.

gojk
04-15-2010, 11:35 PM
From what I understand Silva does not like Dana White and doesn't want to fight in UFC any longer. He was just under contract for a few more fights so he is finishing out his contract.

madskrillz2
04-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by gojk
From what I understand Silva does not like Dana White and doesn't want to fight in UFC any longer. He was just under contract for a few more fights so he is finishing out his contract.

Good. I honestly could care less. He'll just get more hate from people for not fighting top competition when he leaves.

Doak450r
04-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by gojk

I don't know if he likes dana or not but silva just signed a new fight deal recently so what you said about finishing a few more fights isn't true. He'll be fighting sonnen next i heard it is suppose to happen at 117 in boston so i'll be there since i'm from mass, and i hope silva gets beat pretty bad.

jcv400ex
04-16-2010, 04:21 PM
I thought he was cutting weight and fighting GSP?

cdrookie
04-16-2010, 04:46 PM
he'd be cutting 35-40pds to fight gsp. and i doubt that'd be a good fight, gsp is too small and doesn't take the action to he opponent. he needs to fight couture at 205.

jcv400ex
04-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Throw him in with Broc! Or even Frank Mir!

TheIceMan
04-16-2010, 05:16 PM
I think Dana is just butthurt over Silva not being a puppet.
I'm not sure what happened to Anderson during the Maia fight,he does act strange fighting fellow Brazilians,and/or those that wont engage first.
I really hope the GSP fight talk is just that...talk. I'd hate to see Georges get his bell rang again.
He'll get all his fans back at his next fight...when he punts Sonnens head into the 4th row :devil:

madskrillz2
04-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
he'd be cutting 35-40pds to fight gsp. and i doubt that'd be a good fight, gsp is too small and doesn't take the action to he opponent. he needs to fight couture at 205.

No he wouldn't? He's fought at 170 before

cdrookie
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
he walks around at 205+

madskrillz2
04-16-2010, 06:11 PM
When he plans on fighting at 205 he does but not when he has been fighting at 185

bigH
04-16-2010, 06:40 PM
GSP does not bring the action?

cdrookie
04-16-2010, 07:05 PM
not like he would need to against silva

Doak450r
04-17-2010, 12:10 AM
silva walks around at 210-220 i think his cut to 185 is big enough, cutting to 170 would be pretty big. Biggest weight cut i heard of was anthony johnson for his last fight with kos he was 230 at the start of camp and weighed in at 170

quad2xtreme
04-17-2010, 04:54 PM
I'd love to see him fight GSP but at the same weight at fight time. I am not a fan of weigh-ins a day early and then the heavier SOB drinking water to come back to true weight. Then you have a mismatch at the time of the fight which really sucks.

I like to see him move up in weight if the competition isn't in his class. Speaking of class, Silva has zero. What an *******.

madskrillz2
04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Like I said, he's fought at 170 before. No reason he wouldn't be able to again unless he's just stubborn

fastredrider44
04-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I thought I heard GSP say he would go up to 185.:confused:

TRXman86
04-19-2010, 11:22 PM
I could care less who goes where, does what, or how boring it is. Anymore, it's just a pizzing/moaning match about who is stalling more, who is holding the fence more, or who is gasping for air sooner. I like the good 'ol days of BEAT HIS ARSE till he falls out the door... Today's day... nothing special unless ya get a BJ vs. Jens match like a few years ago. them 2 would literly beat the hell out of each other!!! THAT is a fight...

GSP... no! sorry! can't stand him! "I'm going to summit him"... SUBMIT! Yea, I know he's from north of the border... but still, hate him... Tito, Sylvia... all the "older" guys... screw em! Get them ALL out, bring in fresh blood!!! Those guys on TUF would give anything...ANYTHING to get in the octagone for a contract. Most would probably do it just for a simple paycheck. Hell I would!!!

Doak450r
04-20-2010, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by TRXman86
I could care less who goes where, does what, or how boring it is. Anymore, it's just a pizzing/moaning match about who is stalling more, who is holding the fence more, or who is gasping for air sooner. I like the good 'ol days of BEAT HIS ARSE till he falls out the door... Today's day... nothing special unless ya get a BJ vs. Jens match like a few years ago. them 2 would literly beat the hell out of each other!!! THAT is a fight...

GSP... no! sorry! can't stand him! "I'm going to summit him"... SUBMIT! Yea, I know he's from north of the border... but still, hate him... Tito, Sylvia... all the "older" guys... screw em! Get them ALL out, bring in fresh blood!!! Those guys on TUF would give anything...ANYTHING to get in the octagone for a contract. Most would probably do it just for a simple paycheck. Hell I would!!!

So you don't like submissions??? You should probaly just watch kickboxing or boxing then, because your talking about mma and someone that can just stand and bang isn't going to walk through guys anymore. look at the best from each division they are complete fighters. bj, shogun, machida, gsp silva, kos, mir, all these guys can beat you standing, on the ground wherever the fight goes. you want fresh blood have you seen a guy named jon jones fight yet. also the one stalling with the gsp and silva fight is gsp and dana. i think they both know anderson will beat him.

quad2xtreme
04-20-2010, 05:40 AM
So you don't like submissions??? You should probaly just watch kickboxing or boxing then, because your talking about mma and someone that can just stand and bang isn't going to walk through guys anymore. look at the best from each division they are complete fighters. bj, shogun, machida, gsp silva, kos, mir, all these guys can beat you standing, on the ground wherever the fight goes. you want fresh blood have you seen a guy named jon jones fight yet. also the one stalling with the gsp and silva fight is gsp and dana. i think they both know anderson will beat him.

GSP/Silva fight would be ridiculous. Silva would be 15-18 lbs heavier when they fight and for two elite athletes, that is a night and day difference. Gone are the days when a significantly lighter fighter can overcome a weight difference. Even Couture said he can't get into the HW division now with these monsters like Lesnar and Carwin. All that **** that worked in the old days because there were many brawlers who could be taken by a skilled fighter. No more. I'd like to see Silva fight Mir...because he said he wanted a big fight like that. I would like to see it happen to shut him up.

Doak450r
04-20-2010, 11:25 PM
mir has said in a recent interview that he wanted to fight silva, also i don't think couture is gonna hand with the elite in the lhw division either.

TRXman86
04-29-2010, 05:26 AM

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying I can't stand HIM or his "accent". It's just my and my personal oppinion.