PDA

View Full Version : Atv Bent Frame Help Diagnosis

michaelbell85
04-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Ok im kinda new here and just got my atv back together for summer. Ive got a 300ex with stage 2 port,webcam,high compression piston and exhaust. So i put all this stuff on and took it out yesterday and it feels like the atv is drastically pulling to the right bad. Its like the left tire wont keep contact with the ground. The only thing i can think of is the frame is bent and i never noticed on the stock 300ex because it didnt have the power to do what its doing now. Any suggestions on how to check the frame will be helpful. Also if you think a bent spindle will do this or not.

fearlessfred
04-11-2010, 12:00 PM
this how i have ckd the frame to see if its square . put the bike on jack stands , make sure the rear axle is staight, pull all the wheels off, then measure from the center of the rear axle to the center of the front lower ball. do this on both sides and see if theres any differance . i have never seen one that wasnt at least 1/4 inch off but this is not the perfect setting to be exact but close enough from what u explained that is not your problem,if one wheel is not staying on the ground it sounds like the shock or a arms are sticking or binding on the left side pull the left side shock and cycle it thru the travel and see if its binding switch the shocks around and see if the other side does it let us know how it goes fred