PDA

View Full Version : new 450r, help

fasterblaster09
04-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Well, just picked up a 2004 450r today. Visible mods are full curtis sparks exhaust, and I don't konw the name brand, but one of hem drag axels, and a dynatec(sp?) chip. When I got there, the guy kicked it over and I went down the road and all was good. Got back, killed it, started it and killed it about 4 or 5 times. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, and started it again. Left, stopped and filled up the tank on it, and when I got home it wouldnt start for nothing. Tried choke and everything. So we pulled started it and it starts and runs and idols fine. Ride it for a few min and still doesn't start. It feels like it has lots of compression, and it sounds like it wants to start but doesnt unless being pulled.The guy said he thinks the motor is stock, but not 100% sure beings how it was his cousins. and come to find out it smokes a little...great... any suggestions on what to do next? thanks, neil

and when saving it last night, I noticed the dumbass had the motor filled TO THE MAX, gott drain that too. I wish my starting problem were that simple..

450R NOOB
04-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Thats weird that it started fine at the guys house and now it won't. That happend to my cousin when we got his KTM 125 but it ended up being a fouled spark plug because of all the bouncing from when we brought it home and of course it was a 2 stroke. Try the plug, I know this is a 4 stroke but it's just a couple dollars. What color smoke?

fasterblaster09
04-11-2010, 07:14 PM
It was the plug :) the smoke is white im pretty sure. I hope this doesn't cost too much..

fasterblaster09
04-12-2010, 05:25 PM
now today he PIECE OF SH*t won't start!!!:mad:
Im getting tired of this thing and I've only had it 3 days...

mikecancu812
04-13-2010, 02:47 PM
What color was the oil when you drained it.