PDA

View Full Version : Gas cap vent hose

tbrackman84
04-10-2010, 10:57 PM
does anyone know of any problems with these? I'd like to get one just to get rid of my ugy lookin' hose, lol, but i have a friend who races GNCC with a KTM bike and he swears they let water in when washing and i guess other times? thanks.

mineralgrey01gt
04-10-2010, 11:20 PM
i had one, never had one problem with it but I dont see how they would let water in? Its kind of like a mini snorkel in a way

atv fan 28
04-10-2010, 11:26 PM
i got one on my cap. never had a problem!

CJM
04-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Im not sure if it was just cause it was a 400ex, but I remember a thread where the quad just wouldnt run right or something and it was caused by a hose like that.

Scro
04-11-2010, 08:00 AM
If you do try one, I suggest cutting it down as short as possible and gluing it to the cap somehow. I've lost several racing XC from flipping, or branches snagging it off.

gcart2
04-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Scro
If you do try one, I suggest cutting it down as short as possible and gluing it to the cap somehow. I've lost several racing XC from flipping, or branches snagging it off.

we used to run them. just a dab of gorilla glue when you stick it on and you will be ready to rock.

Canadian144
04-11-2010, 09:30 AM
No problems with mine. Mine is from Canadian tire, only reason I bought it was because previous to when I installed the trail tech bar clamp/dashboard, you just tucked the hose down the steering stem (I think). But the clamped blocked that off, so when I would ride the hose would just flap around everywhere, lol.