PDA

View Full Version : Rotor Help

bullett
04-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I just changed my rear brake pads and found out my rear rotor was warped so I changed it out. I went to change my front brake pads as well and found out my front right rotor was warped. Are Honda rotors notorious for this? I need a new one and I don't want to buy another OEM rotor if it's gonna do this again. It's an 07 and the pads were just about wore down but no metal on metal. Thanks for the help.

bullett
04-12-2010, 07:40 AM
anyone?

Scro
04-12-2010, 07:44 AM
OEM rotors do warp time to time. However, I've noticed that aftermarket rotors are even worse about becoming warped. The best thing you can do for the rear is a good rotor guard. I run the GTT poly skid, and have since not had to worry about a bent rotor. For the front, a set of rock guards will keep rocks away. On the Honda 450's, a set of old 250x rock guards will work. You may have to do some research to see if any will fit the 400ex. Rocks being kicked up into the wheel is what causes the front rotors to bend.

bullett
04-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Alright thanks. I thought maybe it was a heat issue of the rotors getting hot then me riding through a stream and the temp change caused it but I do ride in rocky areas so thats probably what caused it.

gtt416ex
04-12-2010, 12:01 PM
another thing that'll make the front rotors warp is if the hub bearings have alot of play in them. the rotor and hub will lean in and cause the rotor to warp. i've had this happen to me