PDA

View Full Version : lt 80.....about to go for scrap metal HELP

SRH
04-10-2010, 06:57 PM
wtf!!!

i did a brand new oem suzuki top end, cylinder, piston rings, gaskets etc....everything is fresh and good, has the inline fuel shut off, and this thing is getting fuel, wont fire without a shot of ether...top end is perfect condition....carb is clean, reeds good...

someone told me a relay can cause this???:confused:

SRH
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
i can literally spray a little starting fluid in the airbox boot, fires right up....its been cold here 40-55 it sits a few hrs cools off and was hard to start, the top end has 30 minutes.....if it was reeds ...which i inspected when i did the top end wouldnt it start hard all the time???? spark seems good

im using up a tank of maxima castor 927 that was in it then im switching to klotz...is it possible my rings are sticking??? its mixed 32:1

SRH
04-10-2010, 07:24 PM
im really suspicious of this oil....i had issues after i went to premix with hard starting...always used this oil...suspected a bad bore job on my fresh top end...bought a brand new oem top end...the first time it started before the gas and oil were in the cylinder it fired right up...now after it had been started on this gas and oil its starting hard again.....today i fired it up first time after firing it up after the rebuild... she was badly flooded,ether, fired it up for about 45 seconds, shut it off, went to ride it , had to start it on ether, rode for 30 minutes she fired right up after sitting 15 minutes no problem 4 hrs later, temp is at about 48...no go...im ripping my hair out...how likely is my scenario????

LT80
04-11-2010, 07:49 AM
927 separates in cold weather.
If the motor is spinning, it isn't a relay.

yophilly
04-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I suspect bad crank seals, pull off a side cover and see if oil/gas is leaking out, also what does the plug look like when it IS running? super lean regardless of needle height? I suspect the crank seals are pulling air and it leans the motor out so much that it needs a shot of fuel to restart. I about ripped my scalp off one one of these recently.

LT80
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I agree, the seal/leaking issue needs to be fixxed first.

SRH
04-12-2010, 03:36 PM
hmm no sign of any leaking around the seals, it fired up fine yesterday.... plug is tan, my gfs lt 80 hadnt been started also acted the same and is starting fine....im baffled

Haggerty Racing
04-19-2010, 05:22 PM
sounds like leak in base or intake. we had problem before too. 927 does separate in cool temps, we run it in all our race bikes.it shouldnt have anything to do with it.