PDA

View Full Version : Makin my KFX a lil more comfortable

Brandon Wallace
04-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I got to put some seat time in today on my new kfx. This bike really surprised me in the performance stand point. My only problem was the comfort level. I really didnt think it was comfortable, I felt the bars were to low and the seat was like a rock. I thought about a set of 2"risers for the bars to bring them up a little, but what about the seat?? Does somone make a softer seat. I know my butt would appriciate it after a 2hr race.

KFX450Rrider490
04-09-2010, 08:52 PM
yea the bar risers wouldnt be a bad idea. as for the seat id look into getting one from quadtech i guess the one they make is realy soft or you can just wait it out and the seat will soften alot so the choice is yours!

KFX450Rrider490
04-09-2010, 08:55 PM
ooh some advise for that new kfx, put blue loctite on every plastic holding screw and bolt because they will fall out and put some di electric grease in the connections under the seat and in the front

and hey good luck!!

Brandon Wallace
04-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I will order a set of risers Monday. I might be a man and break the seat in haha. Sounds like I have some work to do this week. Having 2 yfz's I keep lock tite and di electric grease on hand lol.

DeuceDeuce
04-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Quad Tech does make a seat that is 1" thicker and a softer foam. I don't think you can break in the stocker- it breaks you in!

Brandon Wallace
04-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Tell me about it. To add to all of it the last race I wrecked and laned on my butt/tailbone. So this hard seat don't help that one bit lmao.

MtnEX
04-12-2010, 02:58 AM
The seat is pretty hard... but does get softer.

I don't even seem to notice it if I don't crawl off one of my other quads and straight onto the KFX.

jimmyjames1700
04-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Brandon Wallace
I got to put some seat time in today on my new kfx. This bike really surprised me in the performance stand point. My only problem was the comfort level. I really didnt think it was comfortable, I felt the bars were to low and the seat was like a rock. I thought about a set of 2"risers for the bars to bring them up a little, but what about the seat?? Does somone make a softer seat. I know my butt would appriciate it after a 2hr race.

I put the QuadTech +1 KMS seat on my KFX and absoletuly love it. It makes the whole quad feel much less cramped. I removed my stock foam and shipped the seat pan to QuadTech and had them install the new cover. They were very fast to ship it back out to me.

BTW, will stock cables reach with a 2" bar riser?

Brandon Wallace
04-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Thats a good question lol. I was thinking the same after I made my post. I moved my bars up a little yesterday and that seems to help me feel a little more comfortable. I guess I will find out sunday, it will be my first race on the new bike.

toyz51
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I did a +2" anti vibe steering stem and a quad tech +1" seat kit and it is so much more comfortable to ride and a lot less cramped since I am over 6 foot tall.

Brandon Wallace
04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
This is kinda off subject but is engine ice a must for my race? I normally run it in my yfz but I am having trouble finding a shop that has it in stock. I need it by this weekend so its looking like if no one can get some in I will have to run regular coolant. I havent rode it for a long peird of time so I really dont know what to expect from the coolant aspect.